* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width: 10-15 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Lagerstroemia indica
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Iridescent Pink-Purple Blooms, Spring to Summer
Iridescent purple blossoms give an unparalleled glow to the Amethyst King Crape Myrtle, setting it apart from similar varieties and delivering color that shines like a gem in your garden.
A newer introduction, the Amethyst Emerald Empire merges the eye-catching contrast of vibrant green foliage with magenta-purple flowers. From late spring through summer, these delicate yet full, robust, and clustered blossoms give your landscape a layered look that's truly stunning.
Though it's technically classified as a shrub, this variety grows tall and vertical when left unpruned. So, whether you have a smaller garden and need big color in a tight space or have room to grow, this amazing specimen is uniquely versatile.
The best part? It truly takes care of itself once it reaches maturity, and you won't find a healthier Amethyst King. It attracts bees, birds, and butterflies for a graceful show, all while resisting drought and humidity with ease.
Unmatched purple blooms and rich green foliage await, giving you the best yard on the block. Get your Amethyst King™ Emerald Empire® Crape before it's gone!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in an area with well-drained soil and 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily.
After you have found your planting area, dig your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Comb your hands over the root ball to free up the roots a bit before planting. Place your tree in the hole and make sure that the root crown (where the root ball meets the trunk of the tree) is level with the soil surface. Backfill the hole and water to settle the tree's roots. Finally, mulch the area around the tree to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Though these trees are drought tolerant once established, you may have to water young trees more often, especially in the summer heat. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the surrounding 3 inches of soil for dryness and water when this area is dry.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a light application of a complete, balanced, slow-release fertilizer formula in the early spring and summer seasons.
4. Pruning: For a more graceful tree shape, remove all but 4 to 5 strong trunks and then remove the lateral branches around the lower half of the tree. Remove any damaged or crossing branches during the late winter, as well as any suckers, or low-growing branches.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|