* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 10-12 ft.
- Mature Width: 6-8 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Lagerstroemia indica
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Classic Elegance and Contrast
There's nothing more classic than the combination of black and white - and that's exactly what you'll get with this Black Diamond Pure White Crape Myrtle. Stunning and low-maintenance, these semi-dwarf Crape Myrtles are perfect for garden beds, borders and even patio containers!
Contrasting flowers and foliage add a dose of drama to any landscape. Burgundy-black foliage is the perfect backdrop for an abundance of bright white flowers that appear in early summer and last all the way through fall.
Crape Myrtles are known for their strong, easy growth - and this Black Diamond Crape Myrtle is no exception. Drought tolerant, disease resistant and tolerant of nearly any soil condition, Pure White will thrive in nearly any landscape. And with a compact size, it can even be planted alongside sidewalks or driveways.
Simple and elegant, the Pure White Black Diamond is a perfect landscape addition, with low maintenance and high impact.
You won’t find a healthier, better developed Black Diamond® Crape Myrtle anywhere - that's because we grow and nurture your Crape Myrtle trees for maximum success in your landscape. Your Black Diamond will be ready to burst with color in your landscape, as soon as it arrives at your door.
Fill your garden with elegant contrast and blooms for months. Order your Black Diamond® Pure White Crape Myrtle today - before they're gone!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in an area with well-drained soil and 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily.
After you have found your planting area, dig your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Comb your hands over the root ball to free up the roots a bit before planting. Place your tree in the hole and make sure that the root crown (where the root ball meets the trunk of the tree) is level with the soil surface. Backfill the hole and water to settle the tree's roots. Finally, mulch the area around the tree to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Though these trees are drought tolerant once established, you may have to water young trees more often, especially in the summer heat. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the surrounding 3 inches of soil for dryness and water when this area is dry.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a light application of a complete, balanced, slow-release fertilizer formula in the early spring and summer seasons.
4. Pruning: For a more graceful tree shape, remove all but 4 to 5 strong trunks and then remove the lateral branches around the lower half of the tree. Remove any damaged or crossing branches during the late winter, as well as any suckers, or low-growing branches.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|