* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 12 ft.
- Mature Width: 8 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: Summer to fall
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Lagerstroemia hybrid 'PPAF'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Red Blooms + Black Foliage on Compact Form
The Radiant Red Crape Myrtle delivers vivid blooms that are hard to miss in any landscape. Effortless and elegant, this adaptable shrub is well-suited for entryways, sidewalks, or flower bed focal points.
Crimson blossoms contrast with large black foliage and shimmer like gemstones. Equal parts vigorous and sophisticated, the Radiant Red gives you unmatched color yet thrives in tough conditions, withstanding drought and heat like a champ.
Vibrant red blooms greet early summer and last all the way until fall's first frost. Whether it's kept in a container or placed along pathways in your garden, the Radiant Red is unmatched.
Even better? When you order from Brighter Blooms, you get a Black Diamond Crape Myrtle that's grown and nurtured with meticulous care, ready to thrive in your landscape and provide unparalleled color that's virtually carefree.
The only catch is getting it before it's gone. Order your Black Diamond Radiant Red Crape Myrtle today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Crapes are full sun lovers, so plant in an area with well-drained soil and 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily.
After you have found your planting area, dig your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Comb your hands over the root ball to free up the roots a bit before planting. Place your tree in the hole and make sure that the root crown (where the root ball meets the trunk of the tree) is level with the soil surface. Backfill the hole and water to settle the tree's roots. Finally, mulch the area around the tree to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Though they are drought tolerant once established, these Crape Myrtles may have to be watered more often, especially in the summer heat. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the surrounding 3 inches of soil for dryness and water when this area is dry.
3. Fertilizing: Your Crape will greatly benefit from a light application of a complete, balanced, slow-release fertilizer formula in the early spring and summer seasons.
4. Pruning: Remove any damaged or crossing branches during the late winter, as well as any suckers, or low-growing branches.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|