* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 20-40 ft.
- Mature Width: 20-30 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Spacing: 15-20 ft.
- Growth Rate: 3 ft.
- Botanical Name: Pyrus calleryana
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, CA
Strong Growth and Signature, Iconic Blooms
Famous for its springtime blooms and signature silhouette, the Bradford Pear Tree is a true staple of the season. When the weather warms up in spring, the Bradford provides a blanket of white blooms that’s iconic…blooms that thrive through a variety of hard conditions.
In fact, the Bradford tolerates both pollution and drought. Hot temperatures and dry conditions are no problem for the Bradford Pear. Plus, it’s perfect for lining streets, driveways and beyond because it’s not affected by smog or car exhaust. Another perk? You can plant the Bradford in an array of soil types – and it still grows well, even in clay.
But the top perk? We’ve planted, grown and nurtured your Bradford Pear Tree for amazing results from day one. We’ve meticulously monitored our Bradfords for months in advance, long before your tree ships to your door. Now, our Bradfords have a strong root system and well-developed branching. You won’t get this personalized, high-quality experience from other nurseries or big box stores.
We’ve done the extra work…and now, you reap the rewards of strong, consistent and long-lived growth. Heighten any space with your own Bradford Pear Tree!
Planting & Care
2. Watering: Once the Bradford is established, it’s tolerant to drought; however, a consistent watering schedule is important the first few growing seasons. To test when and how much to water your Bradford Pear, check the top 2 to 3 inches of soil – if it’s dry, it’s time to water until the soil is moist but not oversaturated for best results.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilizer for your Bradford should not be necessary, unless you notice slower growth. But if you do fertilize, do so with a well-balanced blend before new growth begins in the spring.
4. Pruning: Prune your Bradford as needed during the winter months.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|