Peach Flambé Heuchera
Colors for Every Season
This plant is so scrumptious you won't know whether to grow it in your garden or have it for dessert! Peach Flambe Heuchera (Heuchera 'Peach Flambe') may be your next favorite plant. Its peach-colored leaves with flaming red accents actually transition to plum tones in autumn. "Coral Bells" is the common name for heucheras because of the flower color and shape of the original plants. But Peach Flambe Heuchera produces masses of white flowers that bloom on tall stems as a marked contrast against the fiery backdrop of its leaves. Plant this botanical masterpiece in your garden and watch its shifting palette of colors through the seasons!
Selecting the Perfect Garden Spot
• Ideally, Peach Flambe Heuchera enjoys sun on its leaves for part of the day, but it will appreciate shade from the harsh afternoon sun, particularly in the sunny South.
• Well-draining soil is a must for heucheras, because their crowns can rot if the plants sit in waterlogged soil. Plant in raised beds or containers if the soil in your intended garden spot stays a bit too wet. Think moist - but not soggy - soil.
• Peach Flambe Heuchera is beautiful when used as a border plant for a sidewalk or patio.
Heuchera plants fall in the category of "botanical collectibles," because after you've grown one type, you'll want to keep adding to your collection!
• Heucheras naturally grow in a tidy clump, so use their rounded shape to add softness to your garden design.
• Instead of a single plant left to stand alone, place odd-numbered groupings together - three, five or seven plants - to form a rounded or staggered planting that maximizes this plant's design appeal.
• Mix and match different types of heucheras with contrasting foliage; for example, plant Peach Flambe Heuchera (peach and red leaves) with our Caramel (buttery caramel leaves) and Obsidian (purplish-black leaves) cultivars for dynamic visual impact.
• Each flower stalk has masses of blossoms, which you can cut and bring inside to fill your favorite vase.
The Dinner Bell Rings for Hummingbirds
Be sure and position some plants where you'll be able to see them from your favorite sitting area. You don't want to miss the show when Peach Flambe Heuchera beckons hummingbirds - they love feeding on the bell-shaped flowers!