* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 3-7 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 40 ft.
- Mature Width: 25 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Betula x 'Royal Frost'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, GA
Stunning Color Year-Round and Signature White Bark
The Royal Frost Birch Tree is a show-stopping celebration of color and change. Truly one-of-a-kind, this slender variety of the traditional birch grows in many different climates. The leaves rest into a lush, upright pyramid shape that does not require pruning.
Each season brings marvelous alterations to the foliage of the Royal Frost® Birch. New growth emerges a rich burgundy, melting into a deep purple through the summer and fall, and a festive red in the winter. Year-round, this birch is known for its sleek, white bark that gives a stunning contrast to the darker leaves.
The Royal Frost® Birch can reach 40 feet high and provides considerable shade with a 25-foot wide span. From March to April, you may see small flowers appear before releasing seeds as summer approaches.
A favorite of landscapers, these trees look incredible when planted in pairs, but can just as easily stand alone.
Tall yet delicate with colorful leaves alongside pale bark, the Royal Frost® Birch Tree provides a contrast you won't want to miss. Enjoy the distinct changes that each season will bring, and watch its unique canopy flourish year after year. You’ll love having this beautiful birch in your own landscape.
Planting & Care:
1. Planting: Choose a location for your Royal Frost® Birch Tree with full sun to partial shade (at least 4 to 8 hours of sunlight each day). Also, the planting area’s soil should be somewhat moist though still well-drained.
When you’re ready to plant, start by digging a hole that’s at least two to three times the size of your tree’s root ball. After placing your tree inside the hole, backfill the soil, tamp down to ensure air pockets are eliminated, and water.
2. Watering: Because the Royal Frost® Birch Tree needs consistently moist soil, it’s important to water weekly or consider using a soaker hose or bark mulch. The root zone for your tree should be cool and moist, but it does tolerate some dryness in the soil.
3. Pruning: The Royal Frost® Birch Tree needs very little pruning, but if pruning is necessary for your landscape, prune it during the dormant season.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|