Autumn Blaze Maple
Combining the Two Best Maples into One Tree
Just like in human families, plant traits from two parents are passed down to their offspring. And sometimes, when two parent trees are crossed, they produce a new and improved "hybrid." A perfect example is Autumn Blaze Maple (Acer x freemanii ‘Jeffersred’). Its parent trees used by plant breeders were red maple (Acer rubrum) -- chosen for its breathtaking fall color -- and silver maple (Acer saccharinum) -- chosen for its fast growth. So if you're looking for brilliant fall color in a fast-growing maple tree, look no further than Autumn Blaze Maple.
• Fastest growing maple tree... perfect for quick shade
• Easy to grow- thrives in any soil and drought tolerant
• Brilliant red fall color- the brightest maple tree
Superior breeding has created a tree that is perfect for today's busy homeowner. With Autumn Blaze, you get a beautiful shade tree without the maintenance hassle. Anyone can enjoy a specimen-quality maple tree without any special knowledge!
Distinct upright oval shape makes it an excellent specimen tree.
You could just plant one specially placed Autumn Blaze Maple, but our landscape design consultant suggests planting in multiples to reduce your energy bills as fast as possible. It is a proven fact that mature trees drop heating and cooling costs by up to 40 percent! Autumn Blaze grows so fast you will soon be benefiting by saving money.
• Natural shape needs no pruning. If you don't enjoy pruning, you can put the shears away. It naturally grows in an oval shape.
• Fast-growing shade tree. If you want shade in your yard, you probably want it ASAP. Plant many other trees, and you'llbe waiting for years and years. But the Autumn Blaze Maple grows up to four times faster than a typical red maple tree!
• Adaptable to a variety of soils. This is a tree that isn't fussy about the soil where it grows. It can even handle heavy clay and doesn't mind "wet feet," which is plant talk for consistently moist soil.
• Insect and disease resistance. Although no plant is completely impervious to insects and disease, Autumn Blaze has exceptional resistance to these pests. You won’t need to use insecticides or fungicides to keep this tree in tiptop shape.
• Outstanding fall color. After all, this is the reason many people plant maple trees -- for their dazzling display in autumn when the leaves change colors. Autumn Blaze doesn’t disappoint; it’s "ablaze" in "autumn" with its reddish-orange foliage.
Award winning Autumn Blaze is insect and disease-resistant!
It's no surprise that cities demand this tree... just plant it and watch it grow into a regal beauty. Low-maintenance and beautiful all year long, you will want at least one for your home landscape.
Fall Color Tip
Choose a sunny site where it can reach its mature size potential -- up to 50 feet tall and 40 feet wide -- because although Autumn Blaze Maple will certainly be colorful in partial shade, its leaves are even more vibrant red in full sun!
Reap huge benefits from our Autumn Blaze Maples.
Remember that when buying your Autumn Blaze Maple at Brighter Blooms you are going to get a tree with a superior root system that will thrive in your area.