|Mature Height:||1 ft.|
|Mature Width:||1 ft.|
|Botanical:||Narcissus tazetta 'Paperwhite Ziva'|
|Plant Directions:||Sent with Order|
Ziva Paperwhites Gift Set
A Thoughtful Gift Plant for Anyone on Your List
A Touch of Springtime in Winter
The fragrant white flowers of Ziva Paperwhites (Narcissus tazetta ‘Paperwhite Ziva’) conjure images of spring because of their resemblance to daffodils. In fact, they are related to these spring garden mainstays. But you can enjoy Ziva Paperwhites as an indoor living decoration to complement your holiday décor during the winter.
The Perfect Gift
You’ll be so surprised at how quick and easy it is to grow Ziva Paperwhites that you’ll want to share this gift with others. Are you trying to decide on the perfect hostess gifts, corporate gifts or gifts for friends and family this holiday season? Ziva Paperwhites is a thoughtful way to remember these people on your gift list -- simply order online and avoid the shopping crowds!
How to Grow in Two Simple Steps
You don’t even have to be a gardener to grow Ziva Paperwhites. Enclosed for your convenience is a pot, potting mix and flower bulbs, so all you have to add is water.
1. Plant the bulbs in the pot so the tips are just peeking above the soil surface, firming the potting mix around the bulb.
2. Water well; and keep the soil moist but not soggy.
That’s it…really…no kidding – you only need to follow these two steps. The plants will grow rapidly, flowering within six to ten weeks after you plant the bulbs. And each stalk doesn’t produce just a single flower, but a profusion of snow-white blossoms.
• Cluster pots of Ziva Amaryllis in groups of three to create a stunning centerpiece for your dining table or holiday buffet.
• Tie a decorative holiday ribbon around the mature stems, just under the flowers, to form a bow with long tails that trail down the stems.
• Pair Ziva Paperwhites with Red Lion Amaryllis or Minerva Amaryllis -- the red-and-white color combinations with these contrasting flowers will really pop.
Insider Growing Tips
• You can add decorative stones on the top of the potting mix to add weight to the pot, particularly when the plant is in full bloom.
• If you place your plant near a bright window, your plant may try to grow toward the light. Simply turn the pot every few days to maintain upright growth.
• If your plants grow tall and lanky, you can water them with a homemade solution that reduces the stems from one-third to one-half their mature size while still producing flowers that are the same size and have just as long a bloom period as untreated plants. Simply mix 1 part of isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol in 10 parts water and use this solution when you water your Ziva Paperwhites.
Keep Your Furry Friends Safe
If you have an inquisitive dog or cat, place the pot containing your Ziva Paperwhites off the floor and out of your pet’s reach, because the bulbs are toxic to dogs and cats.