Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 14-16 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-6 ft.
- Full to Partial Sun
- 8-10 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- up to 2 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Gingko biloba
- Does Not Ship To:
Shimmering Fall Splendor
The brilliant yellow foliage of Goldspire Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba 'Fastigiata Blagon' Goldspire™) lights up your landscape in autumn. Large, fan-shaped, lobed leaves persist on trees for several weeks after they turn yellow in fall for a long color show. Bred specifically for its narrow shape, Goldspire Ginkgo is only 6 feet wide at maturity, which makes it an architectural landscaping gem for small yards or narrow spots.
Colorful and Architectural
1. Spectacular fall color. The yellow fall foliage is even more dazzling if you plant Goldspire Ginkgo where the rising or setting sun provides back-lighting.
2. Vertical accent tree. As a fastigiate tree, which means that it naturally grows into a narrow, columnar shape, Goldspire Ginkgo draws the eye upward for a vertical landscape-architecture accent.
3. No muss, no fuss. Goldspire Ginkgo is a male tree, which means it won't produce the messy and malodorous fruits that female trees do.
As a perennial tree in USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 4 through 9, Goldspire Ginkgo grows almost three times taller than it is wide -- approximately 15 feet tall and 5 feet wide. So if you have a small yard, it packs a big punch in a small space. A row of Goldspire Ginkgo trees elegantly defines the back border of your yard, and a single specimen makes a superior focal point.
A True Low-Maintenance Tree
Goldspire Ginkgo needs very little attention after it's established. It's drought-, heat- and air pollution-tolerant, and has these few needs:
• Sun. Full sun is best, although trees are tolerant of some shade.
• Soil. Although it's adaptable to different types of soil, the soil must drain well so the roots don't become waterlogged, which can lead to rot.
• Water. Water newly planted trees deeply and thoroughly and keep the soil slightly moist during its first year. Thereafter, natural rainfall should supply its water needs, but water trees if the weather is exceptionally dry.
• Fertilizer. Take a soil sample to your local Cooperative Extension Service office, and follow their recommendations for fertilization.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $14.99||$11.99|
|$15 - $23.99||$13.99|
|$24 - $39.99||$16.99|
|$40 - $79.99||$19.99|
|$80 - $98.99||$24.99|
|$99 and Above||Free Shipping with code "FREESHIP"|