Showing 1 - 9 of 9 items
Starting at $159.99
Crisp, delicious flavor from your backyard.
Blooming early to mid-spring, Pear Trees proudly display delicate pale blossoms that perfume the air. Depending upon your region and the specific variety, Pears begin to ripen late in August, perfectly timed for baking your family's favorite holiday pies and tarts.
How to Plant Pear Trees
- When? The spring or fall seasons are the best time to plant your Pear Tree.
- Where? Choose a location with full sun, or 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day, and well-draining soil.
- How? Place your Pear Tree in a hole big enough to accommodate the entire root system, pack the surrounding soil tightly and water. It’s that simple.
How to Prune Pear Trees and Beyond
Because we’ve grafted your Pear or grown it for best results, you can expect consistency and ease for the life of your Pear Tree. Basically, it will produce the same delicious fruit season over season.
When it comes to the entire process, we follow the four Ps: Planting, Pruning, Pollination, and Picking.
- Planting: Choose a sunny, make a hole big enough to accommodate the Pear's entire root system, pack the soil tightly and water.
- Pruning: Prune your Pear Tree during winter, around the third year of its growth, by removing any suckers or sprouts from the rootstock, as well as downward-growing or broken branches, diseased and damaged growth.
- Pollination: Many of our Pear Trees are self-fertile, but purchasing two or more trees can ensure a larger harvest.
- Picking: Pull up on the fruit and give it a twist – it will come off your tree easily once it’s ready.