This plant may not thrive in your area
A stunning departure from traditional lavender plants that flower in shades of purple is Ellagance Pink Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia 'Ellagance Pink'). The compact foliage is also colorful, with grayish-green leaves that complement the pink flower spikes. Even though the flowers are differently colored than traditional lavender, the same familiar fragrance remains!
Fragrant and Wildlife-Friendly
1. Fragrant flowers and foliage. A staple in potpourri blends is the timeless fragrance of lavender. Ellagance Pink Lavender not only has fragrant flowers but also fragrant foliage.
2. Compact plants. Some types of lavender become lanky and sprawling over time, but Ellagance Pink Lavender has thick foliage and compact growth.
3. Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds. Whether you plant Ellagance Pink Lavender in your herb garden or flower garden, the hummingbirds and butterflies will find it! These tiny creatures are irresistibly drawn to the flowers.
Lavender in the Garden
Ellagance Pink Lavender has a host of garden uses. It's a traditional plant for the cottage garden and a super edging plant to line walkways so you can enjoy its fragrance drifting upward. Plant it on banks or slopes where it will help keep the soil from eroding. Dot Ellagance Pink Lavender plants throughout your rock garden, or feature it as a container plant.
Simple Care Tips
Ellagance Pink Lavender doesn't require a lot of "fussing-over."
• Sun. This is a full-sun plant that holds up well in the heat.
• Soil. Here's one example of a plant that prefers lower-fertility, sandy soil over rich, organically amended soil. The soil must drain well, so if your yard or garden doesn't have good drainage, plant Ellagance Pink Lavender in a raised bed.
• Water. Less is more; don't overwater plants. Keep new plants watered well to help them become established, and then water mature plants only when natural rainfall doesn't deliver 1 inch each week.
• Fertilizer. Too much fertilizer will cause plants to become weak. Fertilize based on soil-test recommendations -- your local Extension Service Office is a reliable and inexpensive resource for soil testing.
• Pruning. In late summer, after the flowers have faded, trim plants to within a few inches above the ground to keep Ellagance Pink Lavender compact and tidy.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, & 5. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 3rd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 10th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Beautiful, colorful, and unique array of shrubs, trees, and plants
We grow and deliver the highest quality products directly to your door
Order online or over the phone with no waiting and no hassles
Join our community and get exclusive offers, care tips and more!