Call to Order! (800) 399-9514
9AM - 7PM ET M-F | 9AM - 5PM ET SAT | 12PM - 6PM ET SUN
LIMIT ONE PER ORDER - AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
Shop Now - Sale Ends Oct. 21st
Jazz Hands Variegated Loropetalum (Loropetalum chinense 'Irodori' JAZZ HANDS®) bursts into bloom with a kaleidoscope of color that starts at its flowers and continues to its leaves! Also commonly called "fringe flower," loropetalum shrubs typically have solid-color foliage, but the leaves on Jazz Hands Variegated Loropetalum are as colorful as its flowers. The mature leaves are striking in purple, but the new growth emerges with a stunning pink-and-white marbled variegation!
A Winning Combination
• Evergreen. Jazz Hands Variegated Loropetalum doesn't have run-of-the-mill green leaves; the "green in "evergreen" simply means that the leaves remain on the plants year-round instead of being shed in autumn. This means you'll see the variegated new leaves and the purplish older leaves on shrubs at the same time!
• Pink flowers. Frilly fuchsia-pink flowers cover these shrubs in spring.
• Deer-resistant. When a plant has high ornamental value -- beautiful flowers and beautiful foliage -- it's often very attractive to hungry deer. But Jazz Hands Variegated Loropetalum is refreshingly deer-resistant, which is great news for rural gardeners.
Garden Uses/Design Tips
Plant Jazz Hands Variegated Loropetalum where you'll enjoy its colorful spring display as well as its year-round purple foliage. With a mature height of up to 6 feet, Jazz Hands Variegated Loropetalum is a stellar specimen plant, which you can feature as a focal point in a flower bed. Space plants 4 to 5 feet apart to form a living fence along the sides of your yard. Surround your deck or patio with Jazz Hands Variegated Loropetalum shrubs to soften the edges of wood or masonry structures.
• Sun. Full sun (at least 6 hours daily) is optimal. As with most variegated plants, shading from the harsh afternoon sun helps the white variegation to remain clear, without browning or crisping.
• Soil. Slightly acidic to neutral soil is best. Your local Extension Service office can analyze your soil and recommend any needed adjustments to its pH.
• Water. Moist (but not soggy) well-draining soil is the perfect combination.
• Fertilizer. You only need to fertilize once each spring. Use a slow-release fertilizer that's formulated for flowering landscape plants and follow all label recommendations.
• Pruning. Unlike some flowering shrubs that need to be pruned to look their best (and promote the most blooms), Jazz Hands Variegated Loropetalum never needs pruning! It grows naturally into a full shape with dense growth. If you want to do a little pruning to shape your plants, trim them soon after they finish blooming so they'll have plenty of time to form flower buds before the next season's spectacular display!
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.