Elderberry Plant Sambucus
* Images shown are of mature plants
Elderberry Plant Sambucus
Abundant Elderberries with Bold Flavor
With this fun and healthy Elderberry pack, you'll receive one John Elderberry and one Adams Elderberry plant that will pollinate each other, making it easy for you to reap a harvest of delicious elderberries!
On top of the delightfully-flavored fruit it produces, our John & Adams Elderberry pair is easy to grow right in your own backyard. Plus, you’ll have access to its rich taste, huge bounties, and effortless growth, with tons of elderberries each season!
And taking care of your Elderberry Plants is easy. Once they're in full bloom, you’ll receive a plentiful harvest of berries that are tasty enough for wines, jams, jellies, and beyond.
And that’s not even the best part! This combo flourishes in temperatures down to -20 degrees, thriving through harsh weather conditions that other varieties wouldn’t survive.
We have a limited supply of this popular shrub combo, so order your John & Adams Elderberry before it's gone!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: For the best berry production, select a spot with full sun (at least 6 hours of sunlight) and well-drained soil.
Once you have the location, dig a hole three times as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your shrub in the hole and make sure that it’s level with the ground and backfill the hole. Once you’ve finished this process, give your Elderberry a long drink of water and mulch around the base.
2. Watering: Keep the soil moist but not oversaturated. Typically, you'll water once or twice weekly. If you're not sure when to water, simply check your surrounding soil about 3 inches down - if it's dry here, it's time to water your shrub.
3. Fertilizing: It’s best to fertilize early in the spring before new growth starts to emerge, then again after your berry harvest. Use a well-balanced, general all-purpose fertilizer like f10-10-10.
4. Pruning: Pruning will help increase your crop and keep your bushes healthy. After your berry harvest, prune spent canes back to promote the growth of new ones.
Elderberry Plant Pollination
Elderberry Plants are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Elderberry Plant will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height: 10-12 ft.
- Mature Width: 4-6 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Part Sun
- Spacing: 4-6 ft.
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!