* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 2 ft.
- Mature Width: 2-3 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Spacing: 2-3 ft.
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Buddleia x 'Pugster'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, OR, WA
Compact Butterfly Bush for Maximum Impact
Pollinator friendly gardens are in, and if you're looking for the perfect pollinator attracting plant, look no further than the Pugster Pink® Butterfly Bush! This perfectly pink, fragrant Buddleia effortlessly draws in butterflies, bees and hummingbirds all season long!
Pugster Pink® Butterfly Bush is compact with sturdy stems for an attractive, upright habit. Its thick stems are particularly strong, meaning this variety won't flop in the garden - a huge bonus! This variety is long-blooming and will give you flowers all summer long for a desirable pop of pretty pink color.
What's especially convenient is that the Pugster Pink® Butterfly Bush doesn't require deadheading, so you can enjoy its constant beauty without all the work. It's also heat and drought tolerant, as well as winter hardy due to its thick, heavy stems, making it an all-around stellar Buddleia.
Add the Pugster Pink® Butterfly Bush to your garden for reliability and versatility. This dwarf-sized Buddleia is perfect for planting in mass, as a focal point, in containers, as a border, and more! Bright pink blooms will fill your landscape all while being easy to care for and easy to love.
Get your own Pugster Pink® Butterfly Bush today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location that receives ample sunlight. These plants prefer 6+ hours of direct sunlight daily. However, they can still do well in a partially shaded spot. This still means they would need at least 2 to 4 hours of direct morning sunlight, and they can tolerate afternoon shade.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container that the plant arrives in. Place your plant in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level. Backfill with a mixture of native soil and compost. Water after every few inches to settle the soil and remove any air pockets that may have formed. When done, tamp the soil, water the plant in, and cover the area with mulch to protect the roots and help them conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Ensure the area has well-draining soil. Once planted, your Butterfly Bush should be watered once or twice weekly. The soil must be moist at least 6 to 8 inches deep. Once watered, allow the soil to dry out before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Butterfly Bushes rarely need fertilizer unless you're dealing with poor soil conditions. If that is the case, you can use a slow-release fertilizer for your plants. Follow the instructions on the package of your fertilizer and be certain to water deeply afterwards.
4. Pruning: These plants can be pruned annually. Although it's not required, you can remove spent blooms on the plant to encourage more blooms. Butterfly Bushes can also be pruned towards the ground for shaping, during the plant's dormancy period in late fall to early winter.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|