* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 12-15 ft.
- Mature Width: 12-18 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Botanical Name: Pyrus communis 'Bosc'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, AR, CA, ID, LA, WA
The Best All-Around Pear
Get tons of juicy and delicious pears, long after the other varieties have gone to sleep...with the Bosc Pear, you'll have a delectable harvest after the Autumn Equinox, giving it the nickname 'Winter Pear'.
Your Bosc Pear blooms in mid-April, delivering lovely white blossoms and delicate fragrance. The fruit will develop slowly over the summer and is ready for harvest in late September.
Even better is the fact that the Bosc sweetens early, meaning that you can enjoy it right off the tree. Your Bosc Pear will have a unique taste and texture: slightly acidic and lightly spicy, with flesh that's firm but juicy, crunchy, and yet tender.
Plus, it couldn't be easier to grow. Simply select a sunny location, plant, and watch the growth take off. You'll have your own pear harvest in no time.
And because we've nurtured your tree before it ships, you can start growing your tree and enjoying sweet, juicy pears as soon as possible. You don't want to miss the opportunity to have the Bosc in your own backyard...snag yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Give your pear tree a location that features full sun and well-draining soil. Choose a bright, sheltered location, preferably with southern exposure.
When you're ready, dig a hole three times the size and just as deep as the root ball. Plant the tree so that the roots are spread in the hole and the entire root ball is covered with soil. Fill in the hole completely and gently remove air pockets that may have formed by tamping down with a spade. Water the tree thoroughly after the tree has been planted.
2. Watering: When the weather gets hot and dry during the peak of summer, water twice or three times weekly to maintain proper hydration and moisture. Do not water the pear tree after the first frost in the fall. Otherwise, water your tree when the soil is dry around three inches down.
3. Pruning: When pruning, it’s important to trim the pear tree's central leader to promote an upright position. If there are any competing branches present, remove them so that multiple leaders do not form.
Bosc Pear Tree Pollination
Bosc Pear Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|