* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 1-2 ft.
- Mature Width: 1-2 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Botanical Name: Nandina domestica 'Murasaki'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Month-to-Month Visual Interest, Spring to Winter
A unique, semi-evergreen shrub, the Flirt™ Nandina is known for its enduring visual interest. This upright shrub is commonly called the heavenly bamboo for its cane-like stems and full leaves. Whitish blooms with yellow pops of color emerge in spring in bold clusters, followed by red berries and scarlet-tinted foliage in fall and winter.
Plus, because it’s easy to grow, the Flirt™ Nandina can be planted anywhere. From hedging along fences to plant beds or even standalone focal points, this Nandina makes a statement. Especially since it tolerates drought, a wide range of soil types and even heavy shade. That means effortless planting and growth for you since you can place it wherever you’d like in your landscape.
But the best part? Our Flirt™ Nandina’s consistency. Because we’ve planted and grown a proven performer, under optimal conditions, you get the best possible results in your landscape. When our Flirt™ Nandina arrives to your door, it’s ready to truly thrive since we’ve done the hard work in cultivating it ahead of time.
When you order our Nandina, you get no-nonsense color, rich growth and easy care, all in one. Get your Flirt™ Nandina today, before it’s gone!
We recommend getting 3 gallon nandinas if they're still available. You'll get tons of color, the first year! Perfect for impatient gardeners!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose an area with full sun to partial shade for your Nandina – any location with about 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day. Well-drained soil is also important for your Nandina to thrive. However, it thrives in most soil types, especially with mulching.
To plant your Nandina, dig a hole that’s deep enough to cover the plant’s root ball – it should also be about two times the root ball’s width. After placing it, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pocket. Water to settle the soil that surrounds the roots.
2. Watering: Water your Nandina deeply and regularly during the first full growing season, about 8 to 13 weeks, for best results. To test when and how much to water your plant, check the top 2 to 3 inches of soil – if it’s dry, it’s time to water. We recommend watering about once weekly for best results.
3. Fertilizing: Feed with slow-release fertilizer during the spring.
4. Pruning: If you want to prune to a specific shape, do so after 3 to 4 years for a neater, tidier overall appearance.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|