Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉) 6-10 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 3-4 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3-4 ft.
- Full to Partial Sun
- 2-3 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- up to 1 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Nandina domestica 'SEIKA'
- Does Not Ship To:
Red Foliage and Richer Color Than Other Nandinas
Brighter, longer-lasting foliage color defines the Obsession™ Nandina. This new, distinctive variety is second to none, not only for its color but also for its compact, dense growth habit and brilliant hues that emerge all spring and summer.
And because it’s evergreen, you get year-round visual interest. Eye-catching interest that’s easy to maintain since this Nandina variety is drought tolerant and adaptable to a wide variety of soil types. That means you can plant the Obsession™ anywhere, from borders along your fence to plant beds and even as focal point standalones in your landscape.
But the best part is that this Obsession™ is planted, grown and shipped with care. You’re able to get the low-maintenance benefits and lush, eye-catching looks of this new, unique Nandina without hassle. We’ve done the extra work ahead of time at our nursery so that you reap these rewards at more once your plant arrives to your door.
Now, it’s ready to grow and grow well. Imagine the promise of healthy, strong growth in your own landscape…effortlessly. Order your own Obsession™ Nandina today!
We recommend getting 3 gallon nandinas if they're still available. You'll get tons of color, the first year! Perfect for impatient gardeners!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select a location for your Nandina with well-drained soil and full sun to partial shade (about 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day with some shade). Once you’ve chosen your planting location, it’s simple – dig a hole that’s two times the width of your Nandina’s root ball, place the plant and then back fill its soil. Then, water thoroughly to settle the roots and mulch around the plant for best results.
2. Watering: Water your newly-planted Nandina regularly, about once per week, until it’s fully established. If you’re not sure when to water, however, check for soil dryness about 2 to 3 inches down in the surrounding area – if the soil is dry here, water your plant.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Nandina in early spring and again in early fall with a general-purpose fertilizer.
4. Pruning: You may prune your Nandina lightly for a neater, tidier appearance.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $14.99||$11.99|
|$15 - $23.99||$13.99|
|$24 - $39.99||$16.99|
|$40 - $79.99||$19.99|
|$80 - $98.99||$24.99|
|$99 +||Free Shipping!|