* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 4-6 ft.
- Mature Width: 4-6 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Blooms: Summer - Fall
- Growth Rate: up to 1 ft.
- Botanical Name: Hydrangea macrophylla ‘New Wine’
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
One-of-a-Kind Red Color and Classic Hydrangea Blooms
Richly-hued, deep scarlet blooms make the New Wine Hydrangea Shrub ultra-unique. And its one-of-a-kind looks plus its low-maintenance care truly set it apart, especially since its upright, compact growth is adaptable to a variety of soil types, conditions and more.
Plus, this New Wine can vary in color, so it’s versatile too. Because it originated as a controlled cross between two other hydrangea varieties, the New Wine can be blue or red depending on your soil’s acidity. But no matter its tone, you’ll get large, attractive florets and heavy pigmentation.
But the best part? This New Wine Hydrangea Shrub is a proven performer. Because it’s been planted, grown and shipped with care, straight from our nursery to your door, it’s ready to grow with best. We’ve done the extra work so that you reap the rewards, effortlessly.
So, if you’re looking for a new spin on an old favorite, look no further than the New Wine. This hydrangea is in a league of its own when it comes to color and hassle-free care. Refresh your garden with the New Wine Hydrangea Shrub!
Planting & Care
2. Watering: You should water your New Wine Hydrangea thoroughly about once a week. If you’re not sure when to water, however, simply check the surrounding soil, down to around 2 or 3 inches. If the soil is dry, it’s time to water.
3. Pruning: Pruning is not necessary, but if you’d like to shape your New Wine, prune in late winter or early spring.
4. Fertilizer: Apply a well-balanced, time-released fertilizer once or twice during the summer season.
5. Soil: To change the color of your blooms, change your soil’s pH value: Blue blooms come from soil below 5.5, while red blooms emerge when the pH is 7.0 or higher.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|