Call to Order! (800) 399-95149AM-6PM ET M-F. 9:30AM-6PM ET Sat & Sun.
This plant may not thrive in your area
Bred specifically to grow faster than other boxwoods, Sprinter Boxwood (Buxus microphylla 'Bulthouse' SPRINTER®) is an improved cultivar of the classic Winter Gem Boxwood. Unlike other plants that sacrifice a tidy appearance for fast growth, Sprinter Boxwood is not a spindly or unkempt-looking shrub -- it fills in quickly and maintains a tight shape. You don't even have to be a pruning expert to keep this plant looking its best because its natural shape stays full and restrained. So put away the pruning shears and let Sprinter Boxwood do all the work for you!
Tight, Tidy and Terrific Hedge
If you're deciding which type of boxwood to plant for an evergreen hedge, you'll want to choose a cultivar with an upright form, dense foliage and one that fills in quickly. Sprinter Boxwood meets all these "must-haves" plus:
• Glossy evergreen leaves. Even in winter when your landscape looks duller, Springer Boxwood brings your yard to life with its lustrous green leaves.
• Width proportionate to height. This means your plants grow outward as quickly as upward, so individually spaced plants form a continuous hedge faster.
• Deer-resistant. Hungry deer present a challenge to gardeners in rural areas, so choosing deer-resistant evergreen plants for a hedge ensures clean lines instead of ragged growth.
Other Landscape Uses
Sprinter Boxwood's landscape versatility goes beyond forming hedges.
• Plant Sprinter Boxwood to hide an unsightly foundation or simply add evergreen color around your home. It also provides a soft billowy fullness to soften lines at the corners of your home.
• Anchor a corner garden or small flower bed by planting Sprinter Boxwood as a single specimen plant.
• As a container plant, Sprinter Boxwood makes a beautiful, potted evergreen accent. Plant two in raised urns '– one on either side of your door or front steps '– to add a formal touch at your home's entrance.
An Easy-Care Evergreen
To help it perform its best, plant Sprinter Boxwood in full to partial sun. Although it's not fussy about soil type, it does need soil that drains well. Before the new growth appears in spring, apply a slow-release fertilizer to nourish it throughout its active growing season. After planting Sprinter Boxwood, keep it well-watered to get it off to a good start, and then water it when the natural rainfall doesn't supply 1 inch of water each week.
A Salt-Tolerant Shrub
If you live in or near the coast, you'll love one of Sprinter Boxwood's extra perks -- it tolerates salt spray and saline soils!
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5 & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 3rd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 10th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 29th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$119 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Beautiful, colorful, and unique array of shrubs, trees, and plants
We grow and deliver the highest quality products directly to your door
Order online or over the phone with no waiting and no hassles
Join our community and get exclusive offers, care tips and more!