Growing Zones: 6-8 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉) 6-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-6 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-6 ft.
- Full Sun
- 3-5 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 2 ft. per year
- Botanical Name:
- Does Not Ship To:
Three Exceptional Blackberries Grafted Into One
Triple the quality, triple the flavor and triple the berries '– that's what you'll get with 3-in-1 Blackberry (Rubus 'Arapaho,' 'Natchez' and 'Navaho'). This unique triple-grafted blackberry plant has loads of benefits ?… and loads of sweet fruit. Unlike most blackberries, 3-in-1 has another irresistible feature; it's thornless, so you'll be scratch-free after picking the berries!
The Featured Three
A blackberry breeding program at the University of Arkansas has produced cultivars that taste sweeter while staying firmer than other types of blackberries. We're offering three of these superior blackberries grafted into one plant, and we've chosen cultivars with staggered harvest times so you'll enjoy berries over a long period:
1. Arapaho. Ripening earlier than most blackberries, Arapaho continues to bear over a four-week season. The sweet berries are medium-sized and they store well.
2. Natchez. You'll have a mid-season harvest from Natchez, which produces over a shorter time period but has much larger berries.
3. Navaho. Ripening later to extend your blackberry harvest season, Navaho bears for up to six weeks. The berries are sweet and medium-sized, and their quality ranks as one of the best among other cultivars.
Even More Benefits
In addition to being thornless, the 3-in-1 Blackberry has even more to offer:
1. No staking. Other types of blackberries require some kind of support system because their canes fall to ground level, but the 3-in-1 Blackberry contains three cultivars that are classified as "upright" plants. This means you won't have to tie the plants to stakes or trellis them. Simply prune the plants back during their dormant season (late winter) before the new growth begins and you'll harvest berries that same year!
2. Early to bear. These three cultivars are also "primocane-fruiting" cultivars, which begin producing berries in their first year (unlike other blackberries that bear fruit on two-year-old canes).
3. No spraying. All three cultivars in the 3-in-1 Blackberry are specifically bred to be resistant against rosette (also called double-blossom), which is a common blackberry fungal disease.
The 3-in-1 Blackberry is an undemanding plant, but it'll grow and produce its very best when you meet a few simple needs. As much full sun as it can receive will prompt the 3-in-1 Blackberry to produce the most berries. A soil pH of 5.5-6.5 is optimal, and the soil must drain well; blackberries don't grow well in waterlogged soils. If rainfall doesn't supply 1 inch of water per week, water your blackberry plants at this rate. Fertilizer needs are determined by a soil test, which your local Cooperative Extension office can perform for you. You'll know when the berries are ripe and ready to harvest when their shiny appearance turns slightly dull. Your 3-in-1 Blackberry plant will produce so many berries that you'll probably need to pick them every day during harvest season!
3-in-1 Blackberry Bush Pollination
3-in-1 Blackberry Bushs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional 3-in-1 Blackberry Bush will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $14.99||$11.99|
|$15 - $23.99||$13.99|
|$24 - $39.99||$16.99|
|$40 - $79.99||$19.99|
|$80 - $98.99||$24.99|
|$99 +||Free Shipping!|