Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height: 8 ft. pruned
- Mature Width: 4-6 ft.
- Sunlight: Full-Partial
- Blooms: Early Spring
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, CA, FL, GA, LA, TX
Grow the Best-Tasting Mandarins at Home
Often considered the best-tasting mandarin, the California Honey Mandarin lives up to its name, making it difficult to find at most markets or grocery stores. The good news? It's the perfect choice for at-home citrus growers, self-pollinating and easy to grow in multiple growing zones.
The California Honey Mandarin thrives outside in warmer climates like zones 9 and 10. But if you live in a colder climate, don't worry - you can grow your own California Honey Mandarins in a container and bring them inside during the winter months.
The California Honey Mandarin makes a beautiful - and delicious - addition to your yard or patio, with glossy green leaves, fragrant white flowers, and vibrant orange fruit. Look for blooms in late spring and flavorful fruit between November and April, once your tree reaches maturity.
Once your trees are ready to bear fruit, you'll be able to use the California Honey Mandarin for a sweet, healthy snack you and your family will love.
Plus, the California Honey Mandarin is self-fertile - you'll be able to get fruit with only one plant. However, adding more California Honey Mandarin trees can increase your crop.
Best of all, your California Honey Mandarin is planted, grown, and shipped with care, so you'll get a healthy tree that's ready to thrive at your home. You'll love the sweet, home-grown fruits of your own California Honey Mandarin. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your California Honey Mandarin outside in full to partial sun in zones 8-11, or in a large, well-draining pot in colder climates. Once the temperature dips below 60 degrees, move your potted California Honey Mandarin to a sunny spot inside, training it for a few hours each day before moving it completely indoors.
2. Watering: Generally, we recommend watering your California Honey Mandarin when the soil is dry about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: For best results, use a citrus fertilizer (like this one, included in our easy-to-use Citrus Care Kit) in March, May, and June.
4. Pruning: Prune when new growth appears in the spring, removing any dead or dying limbs or branches growing from the bottom of the tree. In the first two years of growth, remove all fruit once the blooms have died to maximize the available nutrients, and encourage new growth.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|