Harvey Lemon Tree Citrus limon 'Harvey'
* Images shown are of mature plants
Harvey Lemon Tree Citrus limon 'Harvey'
Cold-Hardy, Easy-Care Lemon Tree
In search of homegrown, hardy, heavenly-tasting lemons?! Our Harvey Lemon Tree is the answer!
This unique lemon tree is stacked with benefits, from its impressive cold hardiness and resistance to common lemon tree diseases to its consistent growth and amazing taste. Withstanding freezing temperatures down to 20 degrees, the Harvey Lemon has even been known to survive temperatures down to 15-16 degrees!
What’s more is that this variety is nearly seedless with a high juice content, so if you’re thinking this lemon would be perfect for making refreshing lemonade, you’re absolutely right!
And with a delicious, tart flavor, Harvey Lemons can be used in all sorts of other recipes and dishes, as well, from savory to sweet. Enjoy all of this tree's top-notch qualities, right from your backyard! What could be better than convenient citrus harvests from home?
This citrus delight is everything you want in a lemon tree and more! Experience its beauty, durability and flavor for yourself when you add it to your landscape or show it off in a container on your porch.
Ready for the Harvey Lemon tree to liven your space with rewarding, fresh fruit? Grow your own today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your tree is going to get plenty of sunlight - 6-8 hours per day. Harvey Lemons can tolerate some shade but thrive in full sun. Whether you plant in a container or in the ground, ensure you also have well-drained soil for your Harvey Lemon Tree.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide and just as deep as the root system. Place the tree in the hole and backfill it, tamping the soil down as you backfill the hole to cut back on any pockets from forming.
After planting, be sure to give your Harvey Lemon a deep watering for about 5 minutes. Mulching around the tree will help insulate the roots and keep your plant warm in the colder winter months as well.
If you're container-planting, select a container that's about twice the width of your plant's shipped container, use organic soil, place your tree in its pot, and choose an area in front of a sunny window for your Harvey Lemon.
2. Watering: After watering about once or twice weekly, allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
For potted Harvey Lemon Trees, stick your index finger into the soil down to about 2 inches. If there is moisture present, hold off on watering until it feels drier at that depth, and when you do water, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Harvey Lemon Tree during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus specific fertilizer, once every six weeks. During the fall and winter season, ease back to fertilizing once every 2 to 3 months.
4. Pruning: Make 45-degree angle cuts to remove dead or crossing limbs and also to thin out the tree. After the tree fruits, remove any dead wood and ventilate the center of the tree. Remove suckers as they form/grow from the base.
5. Pollination: You can pollinate your indoor trees by hand, taking a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of the bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush, go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated.
Harvey Lemon Tree Pollination
Harvey Lemon Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Harvey Lemon Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height: 12-14 ft. Unpruned
- Mature Width: 8-10 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, AL, CA, FL, GA, LA, TX, OR
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!