* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height: 5-8 ft.
- Mature Width: 5-8 ft.
- Sunlight: Partial Shade
- Growth Rate: 1-2 ft.
- Botanical Name: Fatsia japonica
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
A Rich, Tropical Look That Thrives Indoors or Out
With sizable, exotic green foliage in a tropical growth habit, the Japanese Aralia Plant offers a little piece of paradise wherever it’s placed. From shaded entryways to water gardens or even indoors as a house plant, the Japanese Aralia shines. In fact, it thrives in low light areas, urban settings and beyond.
The Japanese Aralia is perfect for year-round, island-like color, no matter your climate. Its richly-hued evergreen foliage is complemented by white winter flowers that give way to black ornamental berries. So, you get month-to-month visual interest. And since the Aralia is bird-friendly, pet-safe and pollution-tolerant, it continues to grow and grow in any location, without hassle. It even withstands some frost!
But the best part? Our Japanese Aralia is a proven performer. Whether you place its large, exotic leaves under a tree, in your favorite container or along your swimming pool, your Japanese Aralia is consistent in size, shape and color, year over year. That’s because we’ve cultivated, planted and grown your Aralia for best results, long before it arrives to your door. We ensure your Aralia is grown under optimal conditions…so, when you order your Japanese Aralia, you also get a well-developed, healthful root system.
Imagine the promise of tropical, exotic style and effortless care, whether you’re experiencing wintry weather up North or dry conditions out West. The Japanese Aralia delivers those benefits and more. Order your Japanese Aralia Plant today, before it’s gone!
We recommend getting 3 gallon privets if they're still available. You'll get tons of color, the first year! Perfect for impatient gardeners!
Planting & Care
To plant your Aralia (container or in-ground), dig a hole that’s deep enough to cover the plant’s root ball. After placing your Japanese Aralia, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pocket. Finally, water your plant to settle the soil that surrounds the roots. If you plant in a container, simply ensure it has drainage holes.
2. Watering: Water your Japanese Aralia deeply and regularly during the first full growing season so that it establishes a healthy root system. If you’re not sure when to water your plant, simply check the top 2 to 3 inches of its surrounding soil – if it’s dry, it’s time to water. We recommend watering about once weekly for best results, but once it’s established, it tolerates brief dry spells.
3. Fertilizer: Feed your Japanese Aralia with an all-purpose fertilizer during early spring.
4. Pruning: Remove old or faded foliage from your Japanese Aralia during spring for best results.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|