* Images shown are of mature plants
My Garden Go-Tos™
Get a Carpet of Lush, Green Grass!
Looking for a consistent, elegant grass that can hold up even in tough growing conditions? Lesco Tall Fescue Select Grass Seed is the perfect choice.
Featuring rich, deep-green color, tall growth and easy care, Lesco Tall Fescue Select is the ideal grass seed for nearly any area, including in full sun and shade, and even dry conditions. Made up of a blend of three Blue Tag Certified tall fescue varieties, this grass seed is designed to thrive in your yard - without the fuss.
Plus, it grows quickly, consistently and care-free. This easy-going grass is perfect for high-traffic areas like backyards, playing fields or parks - and it's resistant to weeds and disease, with excellent mowing qualities.
The best part? At BrighterBlooms.com, we've chosen the best, highest-quality grass seeds for your lawn - so you'll get a lush, improved landscape, without the legwork. And this Lesco Tall Fescue Select Grass Seed is the perfect choice, with resilient growth, rich green color and excellent tolerance of tough growing conditions.
The only thing you have to do? Watch your new lawn grow! Don't miss out on the chance to transform your landscape - order your Lesco Tall Fescue Select Grass Seed today.
Planting & Care
1. Preparation: Whether you're establishing new grass or overseeding an existing lawn, it's important to prepare your planting area. Check your soil's pH, and apply a starter fertilizer before seeding. You can also aerate your lawn for best results.
Cool-season grasses tend to germinate best when the soil temperature is between 60 and 85 degrees - seeding is done best in spring or fall. For permanent establishment, Lesco Tall Fescue Select Grass Seed will grow best in the cool humid and cool arid zones of the United States, along with higher-elevation zones in the warm arid and warm humid zones.
2. Seeding: Spread your grass seed, following these recommendations:
- New grass establishment: 6-8 lbs. of seed for every 1000 square feet
- Renovating an existing lawn: 5-7 lbs. for every 1000 square feet (for 20-50% existing coverage) or 4-6 lbs (for 50-75% existing coverage)
3. Watering: Water your new grass seed well immediately after grass seed application, and continue light, frequent waterings. Water more frequently in times of extreme heat or drought.
You'll see germination within 14 days, and your grass can take 2-6 months to fully establish.
4. Maintenance: Allow turf to establish before heavy use. This grass thrives best with moderate maintenance. Keep your lawn mowed at a height of 2-3 inches.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|