* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 9-11 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 10-15 ft.
- Mature Width: 3-5 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Spacing: 3-5 ft.
- Botanical Name: Combretum rotodefolium
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Showy Blooms, Winter to Summer
A vivid vining shrub, the Monkey's Brush Plant offers exotic color from late winter to mid-summer. With reddish-yellow growth that emerges in a free-form silhouette, the Monkey's Brush brightens foundations, borders and even entryways since you can container plant it.
You can get rich color almost anywhere. And if you live in a colder climate, simply pot up your Monkey's Brush Plant, bring indoors and place by a sunny window. In warmer climates, your established Monkey’s Brush keeps thriving outdoors, even when temperatures dip into the 20s.
But the best part is that you get effortlessly full, vibrant growth...hassle-free. You won’t find the Monkey’s Brush at your local nursery or big-box store since it's a rare, sought-after plant native to South America. However, when you order from our nursery, you get this one-of-a-kind plant and a healthy root system. And since it arrives already trellis-trained, there's no guesswork involved.
Your Monkey’s Brush has been planted, grown and shipped with absolute care, so you get island-inspired color and a landscape oasis.
Hurry - this unique plant is in high demand. Discover the color of the tropics with your own Monkey’s Brush!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose an area with full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) and well-drained soil for your plant. If you are container-planting your Monkey’s Brush, select a container that’s twice the size of your shipped container and ensure it has drainage holes.
When planting outdoors, dig a hole that’s around twice the size of your plant’s root ball and just as deep, with a bit of extra room to grow. Then, place the shrub, tamp down the soil and water to settle the roots.
If you're planting in a container, use organic soil mix and place in a sunny area on your porch, patio or indoors.
2. Watering: Water your young Monkey’s Brush twice weekly or check your surrounding soil. Check your soil about 2 to 3 inches down – if the soil is dry here, water your plant. Established plants will need less water.
3. Pruning: Prune away any damaged or dead foliage to encourage healthy growth.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|