Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-5 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 2-3 ft.
- Full to Partial Sun
- Botanical Name:
- Berberis thunbergii 'Orange Rocket'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, IN, MA, MI, NY, ND, WA, WV
Vivid Foliage Changes Color for Months of Visual Interest
The Orange Rocket Barberry delivers vibrant orange foliage that ages to vivid green and then ruby red in autumn. That means you get months of visual interest from the Barberry’s compact, vigorous silhouette, well-suited to planting almost anywhere.
Use the Orange Rocket in mass plantings, specimen plantings or even in containers. This Barberry variety is especially versatile, especially since it boasts improved resistance to rust and tolerance to drought, pollution, deer and dry soil. Nothing stands in the way or the Orange Rocket Barberry and its healthful, voluminous growth.
But the best part? The Orange Rocket has gotten an amazing start. We’ve planted, grown and shipped your Orange Rocket with care, so it’s ready to thrive long before it ever arrives to your door. It’s a proven performer, consistent in size, shape and eye-catching color, season after season and year over year.
Basically, you reap the rewards of the hard work we’ve put in at the nursery. Your Orange Rocket is prepared to exceed expectations because of its strong start. Get your own Orange Rocket Barberry…before it’s gone!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting a location with well-drained soil and an area that receives 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day – the best color emerges when the Orange Rocket receives plenty of sun. Once you’ve selected a location, dig a hole that’s approximately 2 times the width of your plant’s root ball, place the plant, and then back fill the soil and water to settle its roots.
2. Watering: Water your newly-planted Orange Rocket regularly, about once per week, until it’s fully established. If you’re not sure when to water your Barberry, check for soil dryness about 2 to 3 inches down in the surrounding area – if the soil is dry here, water your plant. After the plant is established, watering frequency may be reduced.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Orange Rocket Barberry with a general-purpose fertilizer, before new growth begins in the spring.
4. Pruning: Pruning is unnecessary, but you may prune to maintain your desired shape.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $14.99||$11.99|
|$15 - $23.99||$13.99|
|$24 - $39.99||$16.99|
|$40 - $79.99||$19.99|
|$80 - $98.99||$24.99|
|$99 +||Free Shipping!|