Reveille Blueberry Bush Vaccinium 'Reveille'
* Images shown are of mature plants
Reveille Blueberry Bush Vaccinium 'Reveille'
Tasty Blueberries on a Compact Bush, Perfect for Hedges
Add some fresh fruit and color to your yard with the Reveille Blueberry Bush! With its hot pink blooms and powder blue berries, this low-effort plant is great for most spaced.
Create your own fruit orchard with ease! This plant has an upright form makes so you can conveniently plant it most anywhere – pots, containers, hedges, and more. Also, it’s self-pollinating so you can have bounties of berries with just one bush.
Mid-Summer ripening = a long season of fresh berries! This colorful plant is easy to grow for novices and pros alike, and it’s hardy against hot and cold temperatures. Plus, blueberries are the perfect healthy snack or addition to any recipe.
If you’re ready to add the Reveille Blueberry Bush to your yard, buy it now before we run out of stock!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant in an area where it can receive full sunlight – between 6 to 8 hours per day. For best growth, it is recommended to plant in a container with acidic potting mix and well-draining soil.
If planted in the ground, ensure good air circulation and moist soil to maintain acidity. Plant in an area 2 feet in diameter and 1 foot deep. Remove 1/3 to 1/2 of the soil and add an equal amount of pre-moistened peat moss. Mix well. To conserve moisture and promote living soil structure, mulch with bark, pine needles, acid compost, or sawdust. If soil is poor or doesn't drain well, raised beds are effective. Most soils will require amendments to maintain acidity.
2. Watering: Blueberries require more water than most other garden plants. Keep soil moist. Blueberry plants do not like to dry out, so watering should be consistent.
3. Fertilizing: Blueberries like acid fertilizers such as Azalea formulations, but be very careful not to use nitrogen in a nitrate form. For newly planted stock, use 2 tablespoons of 10-20-10 or similar fertilizer in late spring or once plants are established. Follow manufacturer's directions. For organic fertilizers, use blood meal and cottonseed meal, and prepared compost. Avoid fresh manures. Blueberries are very sensitive to over-fertilization. Stop fertilizing by the time of cooler fall weather. Resume fertilizing in spring after blueberries have leafed out.
Prune your blueberry bushes to reduce the number of flowers and so that developing fruit will improve berry size and hasten development. Allow the plants to get well established in the first year by pinching off flower buds.
- Remove low growth around the base. If it doesn't grow up, prune it out.
- Remove dead wood and non vigorous twiggy wood. Select bright colored wood with long laterals. Remove blotchy colored short growth.
- If 1/3 of the wood has not been removed by the above steps, thin out the fruiting laterals and small branches until the balance has been obtained.
- As plants get older, prune to select 4-6 bright colored erect canes per bush. Prune these canes in October down to a height of 2-3 ft.
5. Pollination: Reveille Blueberries are self-pollinating but yields will be increased with another blueberry plant nearby.
Reveille Blueberry Bush Pollination
Reveille Blueberry Bushs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Reveille Blueberry Bush will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 3-7 outdoors
- Mature Height: 6-8 ft.
- Mature Width: 4-6 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Spacing: 4-6 ft.
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, OR, WA
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!