* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: Indoors
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height: 2 ft
- Mature Width: 3 ft.
- Sunlight: Shade - Low Indirect Light
- Botanical Name: Aspidistra elatior
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Lush Green Leaves and Low Maintenance, for Home or Landscape
Need to cover a shady corner of your yard, or looking for an easy-maintenance houseplant? Check out the Cast Iron Plant. This hardy evergreen grows well in nearly any climate, is shade-tolerant and thrives indoors and out.
No green thumb? No problem. The Cast Iron Plant is great for frequent travelers and those new to plants and gardening. It doesn't require much attention, prefers shade and indirect light, and has even been known to survive freezing temperatures.
Striking green foliage. Dark, glossy leaves that grow 12-24 inches add easy color to backyards, patios, home offices and more. Plus, when Cast Iron Plants are planted in the ground, you'll get an added pop of color with small purple flowers underneath the foliage.
Plant or place anywhere. Cast Iron Plants are versatile - they'll thrive in nearly any area of your home. They're a natural choice for brightening up shady yards or gardens, as well as rooms without a lot of natural light.
Get low-maintenance, hardy beauty anywhere in your home or landscape with the Cast Iron Plant. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
2. Watering: Allow the top layer of soil to dry out completely between waterings, and water deeply until water drains from your pot.
3. Fertilization: Cast Iron Plants are naturally slow-growing and don't require much additional fertilizer. Use a water-soluble fertilizer once a year, in the spring.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|