* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 4 ft.
- Mature Width: 4 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Botanical Name: Thuja occidentalis 'Congabe'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Red-Green Foliage in a Compact Package
Growing naturally in a neat, globe-shaped silhouette, the Fire Chief™ Thuja brings together the classic green foliage you love with the twist of dazzling color in the spring and fall. Plus, the Fire grows slowly, so it requires zero pruning to look clean and tidy and is less prone to splitting.
The Fire delivers the benefits of evergreen growth in a small fit for limited space. Perfect for southern heat and humidity and colder northern areas, Fire sets your landscape alight, even in freezing temperatures down to -10 degrees.
Golden color brightens the Fire Chief™ in spring, while summertime brings a blazing orange shade that transitions to red in fall. Through it all, the rounded shrub remains compact and clean without the need for pruning or fuss, especially since it resists sun and windburn with ease.
It can even be planted in a container, where it's perfect for framing entryways or providing sleek, modern privacy for city terraces. Standing up to almost any tough landscape conditions, including wet, soggy garden spots where many other varieties fail, the Fire grows strong year after year with virtually no care on your part.
Our experts have sourced this newly-developed shrub for you. The Fire Chief™ Thuja is sought-after and hard to find at most chain nurseries...but when you order from our nursery, you get the beauty of the Fire Chief™ with the perk of unmatched care.
Now, this well-developed shrub is ready to thrive in your homescape and burst with vibrant growth quickly. It's planted and grown in nutrient-rich soil with its roots intact...and unlike other nurseries, we never ship bare-root.
Developed and tailored to fit your home's needs, the Chief Thuja is perfect for upgrading any landscape space and elevating your home's value effortlessly. The only catch is that they sell out fast! So, don't wait - order your Fire Chief™ today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily).
Dig a hole that's two times as wide as the root ball but just as deep. Place the tree, backfill the soil, and tamp down. Finally, water the tree to settle the roots and mulch to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Upon first planted deeply water your nandina so that the rootball is fully saturated. Keep to a watering schedule for the first couple of weeks, watering around 3 times a week. Once established, natural rainfall should be enough to sustain your shrub. If you've planted your tree in a pot, check the soil about 2 inches down for dryness and water when this area is dry. Provide additional water in times of dryness in the summer.
3. Pruning: You won’t have to prune this shrub unless you'd like to shear it for shaping purposes. In that case, you can shape in late spring.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|