- Mature Height: 20-35 ft.
- Mature Width: 20-25 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Blooms: Mid-Spring
- Spacing: 15-20 ft.
- Growth Rate: 2-3 ft. / year
- Botanical Name: Albizia julibrissin ‘EH Wilson’
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
This plant grows well in growing zones:5-10 outdoors (hardy down to -10℉)
Blooms for Months in Nearly Any Climate
Merging strength with beauty, the Cold Hardy Mimosa Tree, also known as the EH Wilson Mimosa, truly lives up to its name. This landscape staple withstands freezing temperatures down to -10 degrees, making it the hardiest Mimosa variety available, and it thrives under heavy layers of ice and snow.
That means pretty blooms and greenery up North or down South, since it’s also tolerant of drought conditions. In fact, the Mimosa’s canopy flourishes around the middle of June, with hundreds of pink blossoms that remain until September. The tough, durable Mimosa flourishes in the hottest areas of the South and continues to bloom during long, dry summer days.
Plus, it stands strong against poor soil and conditions, too. There’s nothing the EH Wilson Mimosa can’t do – it grows quickly and effortlessly, without the need for hassle. Especially since we’ve planted and grown it for months in advance, long before we ship.
Now, you get durability and amazing good looks in one package. You get versatility in planting and growing since the Cold Hardy Mimosa doesn’t need much to keep it going. See what all the hype’s about – get your EH Wilson Mimosa Tree today!
Planting & Care
2. Watering: You’ll only need to water your Mimosa during extended dry periods. A steady flow of water from a hose for about 10 to 15 minutes, once every two weeks, should be enough.
3. Fertilizing: When fertilizing your Mimosa, select an all-natural, organic, slow-release tree fertilizer. Fertilize in the early part of the spring growing season when it's not too hot or cold. Check your forecast to be sure no heavy rainfall will occur within a couple of days of applying the fertilizer. Apply to the soil according to the package instructions. Water after applying your fertilizer to prevent salt buildup.
4. Pruning: Your Mimosa will not require very much attention but could benefit from some minor pruning in the fall season. Remove branches growing along the lower trunk area at a 45-degree angle with sterilized pruning shears. Also, removing the lower limbs encourages more growth towards the top of the tree.
Customer Reviews & Photos
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|