Bismarck Palm Tree Bismarckia nobilis
* Images shown are of mature plants
Bismarck Palm Tree Bismarckia nobilis
Tropical Palm Tree Boasts Striking Color and Texture
This large and attractive variation of the palm tree is grown for its striking color and texture, bringing a slice of paradise right to your very own yard! Searching for that “wow factor” this year? Then the Bismarck Palm Tree is just what you’ve been waiting for!
Adorned with a thick trunk and symmetrical foliage, this tree boasts gorgeous steel-blue, fan-shaped fronds, approximately 4 feet long and 4 feet wide. While the Bismarck Palm Tree grows rather slowly at first, its growth rate increases after its trunk is established, reaching a mature height of nearly 70 feet!
It gets better! Our Bismarck Palm Tree is easy to grow and has a high tolerance to extreme heat and drought. It's ideal for rows along your driveway, lining your property or as a statement piece in a big yard.
Ready for a piece of paradise in your very own yard? Then, hurry and get your Bismarck Palm Tree today!
Planting and Care
1. Planting: Choose a location that receives a lot of sun (6+ hours daily) in colder climates but indirect sun in warmer climates. When you're ready to plant, dig your hole 2 to 3 times the width and slightly shallower than the root ball. Hold the tree straight as you begin to back fill the site, tamping down the soil as you go. When finished, apply water to settle the soil and remove any air pockets.
If you plant in a container, select one that is 1 to 2 times larger than the pot your plant arrived in. Choose a location on the patio, backyard, or front/side of the house, providing it will receive full to partial sun.
2. Watering: Stick your finger into the potting soil down to a depth of 2 inches and feel around for any moisture. If the soil is drying out, go ahead and water until you see it escaping the drainage holes and then stop. If there is still moisture present, leave it be until it dries a bit more.
3. Pruning: Palms do not need much pruning except to remove damaged fronds. Be careful not to pull off any dead or damaged fronds - always remove any damaged fronds by pruning them off with a sharp pair of sterilized pruners.
4. Fertilizing: You can apply palm fertilizers that contain specific nutrients best suited for these varieties. If you prefer, you can use a balanced fertilizer such as an 8-8-8 formula for quicker growth in spring and summer. To avoid yellowing and maintain a healthy shade of green coloring, feed your tree a few spoons full of Epsom salt or a fertilizer that contains nutrients like manganese which will prevent the yellowing and shriveling of the fronds.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors
- Mature Height: 40-70 ft.
- Mature Width: 10-15 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Spacing: 10-15 ft.
- Growth Rate: Slow to Moderate
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Planting Care for the Bismarck Palm Tree
Plant your Palm in an area that receives full-partial sun (4-6 hours of direct sunlight daily).
Water your Palm 2-3 times per week for the first month, then once a week for the remainder of the first year after planting. Keep the soil moist but well-drained, watering more in times of drought and less when there is rainfall.
If necessary, apply palm fertilizers that contain specific nutrients best suited for palms or a balanced fertilizer, such as an 8-8-8 formula, for quicker growth in spring and summer.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!