* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width: 12-15 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Botanical Name: Ilex x 'Conaf'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
A New-and-Improved Landscape Favorite
Looking for a tough, low-maintenance Holly for a privacy hedge or landscape accent? The Oak Leaf Holly is the perfect choice!
This new-and-improved red holly variety is strong, versatile and easy-growing. It's more cold-hardy and drought-tolerant than other Hollies, adding evergreen color even in tough growing conditions. A fast grower that will mature at 15-20 feet tall, the Oak Leaf Holly is perfect for planting into an easy privacy screen.
And the Oak Leaf Holly delivers good looks all year long. Dense foliage delivers a carpet of emerald green, while new growth emerges in an eye-catching burgundy. In fall and winter, large, bright-red berries add a pop of color - perfect for adding to holiday decor.
The best part? When you get your Oak Leaf Holly from BrighterBlooms.com, you don't only get a strong, new-and-improved Holly Tree. You get a tree that's been grown and nurtured with care, ready to add impact to your landscape on day one.
From evergreen color to strong and steady growth, this Holly Tree has it all. Don't miss out - get yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Oak Leaf Hollies will grow best in full to partial sun, so plant in an area with 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day. Choose a spot with well-drained soil.
Dig the hole as deep as and approximately twice the width of the root ball. Holding the tree, carefully place it into the hole, making sure the trunk is straight. Backfill the soil, water to settle the roots, and cover the planting area with an organic mulch. Be sure to keep mulch 3 inches away from the trunk of the tree.
2. Watering: Once established, your Holly Tree will not need much supplemental watering. Be sure to inspect the tree and surrounding soil for extreme dryness during extended dry spells and water if necessary.
3. Fertilizing: We recommend not fertilizing unless your Holly Tree begins losing its dark green color due to a lack of nutrients. If necessary, use just a tablespoon of balanced fertilizer (labeled 12-12-12) sprinkled on top of the ground around the tree.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|