* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 20-30 ft.
- Mature Width: 15-30 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Spacing: 30-40 ft.
- Growth Rate: up to 2 ft.
- Botanical Name: Salix matsudana
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
A Willow with a Different Twist
If you like trees that are loaded with character, Corkscrew Willow (Salix matsudana) will not disappoint. Twisting, curling, and contorted branches are the result of this tree's natural growth habit. So liven things up a bit by adding a twist to your landscape design -- when you order Corkscrew Willow, you're also ordering a little personality for your yard or garden!
Architectural Look plus Functionality
It's all about the benefits when you're deciding on plants for your landscape. Corkscrew Willow offers not only form (to improve your curb appeal) but also function (to solve a common lawn problem).
• The problem of wet soil.Corkscrew Willow doesn't mind "wet feet," which is a condition that causes other tree roots to rot. This trait firmly establishes Corkscrew Willow on any "rain garden" plant list. So if you have a spot in your yard (away from septic tanks and drain fields) where standing rain is a problem that prevents other plants from growing there, order Corkscrew Willow -- problem solved!
• The wonder of winter interest.You'll enjoy the fascinating look of curvaceous branches year-round, but Corkscrew Willow's form really comes alive in winter. When the leaves fall in autumn, they reveal the stark architecture of this tree's branches. Be sure to plant Corkscrew Willow where its intriguing look is in easy view of passersby.
• The surprise of fast growth.When you plant a unique-looking tree, you don't want to wait many years for it to mature. The rapid growth rate of Corkscrew Willow means you'll appreciate all its twists and turns as it quickly forms an attention-grabbing accent in your landscape.
If you like to bring the outdoors in by making handcrafted decorations, you'll love the versatility of Corkscrew Willow. Twigs, stems, and small branches can be formed into wreaths, tucked into floral arrangements, and gathered into swags. Use gold or silver spray paint for an elegant touch, or string mini holiday lights through the branches for a festive look!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|