* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 14 ft.
- Mature Width: 6 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Botanical Name: Thuja plicata x standishii PPAF 61830744 ‘Virginian™’
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Green Giant Benefits in a Smaller Form
An improved variety of the Thuja Green Giant, the Baby Giant Thuja Tree delivers unique benefits that set it apart, including improved winter color for year-round visual interest and a compact, tidy silhouette that thrives nearly anywhere.
Baby Giant's conical shape and deep green color merge to make it an amazing selection for smaller gardens. Whether you plant it solo or group several together to keep out nosy neighbors or unwelcome views, the Baby Giant makes an effortlessly elegant statement.
Plus, the Baby Giant Arborvitae is a tree you can plant and forget. From hot, humid areas to locations with earlier winter weather and everywhere in-between, Baby Giant is unbelievably versatile. Even better? Once Baby Giant is established, it thrives on rainfall alone and resists disease...no need to spend hours in your garden watering your tree or spraying it with harsh chemicals.
But the best part is that we plant, grow and nurture our trees for months ahead of shipping. Now, you get a better-developed tree and a healthy root system delivered directly to your door...no green thumb required.
Order your Baby Giant today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Baby Giant Arborvitae in well-draining soil and in a spot that receives full sun with a bit of shade (around 6 hours of direct sunlight daily). Space your trees no closer than 3 feet from one tree to the next to allow room to grow and fill out. Place in a hole twice as wide and just as deep as the root ball. There's no need to amend the soil, but you can add a thick layer of mulch around the base of the tree for weed prevention.
2. Watering: Make sure your Baby Giant Arborvitae receives water weekly while it is establishing. Rain is usually enough to keep it hydrated, but you'll need to water it if you experience a period of drought. After your tree is established, it can thrive on rainfall alone.
3. Pruning: No pruning, fertilizing, or disease management is needed for the Baby Giant. You can prune as desired for creating a hedge, but you can also let it grow into its natural form without much maintenance.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|