* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width: 15-20 ft.
- Sunlight: Part Sun (4 hours minimum) or Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Cercis canadensis 'NC2016-2' PPAF
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Vibrant Fall Color in the Summer Months
Get rich fall color when most other varieties are plain green...with the Flame Thrower® Redbud, you get all the great attributes of the Redbud plus bold autumnal color in the summer months.
The Flame's heart-shaped foliage emerges in a strong burgundy red, transitioning to yellow and then green as it matures. That means you'll get a beautiful blend of multiple colors on every branch, setting your landscape alight and giving you yard of the year in your neighborhood.
But the best part about our Flame Thrower®? It's made to adapt and grow well, with healthy branching and better-developed roots as soon as it arrives at your door.
And unlike big-box nurseries, we don't ship bare-root. So, your Flame Thrower® arrives in a pot with nutrient-rich soil, ready to explode with growth once it's delivered.
But don't wait...the Flame Thrower® will sell out very quickly. Get your Flame Redbud Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight with some afternoon shade).
Dig a hole twice as wide as the diameter and as deep as your tree’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and water to settle the tree’s roots. Finally, spread 3 to 4 inches of mulch over the planting site to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the first year, water your tree about once or twice weekly. If you’re not sure when to water, check the surrounding soil to about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water your tree.
After the first year, your Redbud can thrive on rainfall alone, but we recommend that you continue to check the soil. Soil should remain moist about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: In early spring, apply compost or a complete fertilizer, such as 5-10-5. Spread evenly around the root zone of the plant according to the label instructions.
4. Pruning: Prune the tree in early summer after the tree is done blooming. Remove any larger lower branches and branches that cross over each other or rub together.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|