* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width: 15-20 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Prunus x ‘Extrazam’
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, CA, WA
Spring Brings Huge Pink Double Blooms
Delivering fluffy pink double blooms in the early spring months with a profusion of vibrant color, the Weeping Extraordinaire™ Cherry Tree is a seasonal star. And with this eye-catching tree, you get month-to-month color plus glossy deep green foliage in summer and rich burgundy hues in the fall.
That means months of visual interest to make your tree one of the brightest on the block. Its one-of-a-kind blooms also bring graceful wildlife to your landscape, so it's ideal for flower bed focal points, a burst of color in driveway borders, or even planting along your street...especially since it's tolerant of pollution.
But the best part about your Weeping Extraordinaire™ Cherry Tree is its strong beginnings. Because we've planted and grown your tree at our nursery for months, long before it ships to your doorstep, you get a well-developed root system and more mature branching.
The only catch? This tree sells out quickly! Order your Weeping Extraordinaire™ Cherry Tree today, before it's gone.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: These trees grow best in moist, well-drained, acidic soil (around 6.5 to 7.0 pH) in a spot that receives full to partial sun.
Dig your hole just as deep and twice as wide as the root ball. Leave a small mound of dirt in the center of the hole to set the root ball on and carefully spread the roots in the hole. You’ll want to keep the crown (tip of the root ball) of the tree roughly an inch above the surrounding soil level. If it doesn’t reach that point, just add a bit more dirt to the mound underneath.
2. Watering: Water the tree when the top 2 inches of soil dries (a slow trickle with a garden hose for about 10 or 20 minutes is recommended so the water doesn’t bead away from the intended watering area). This could be about twice a week in the summer, or every three weeks in the fall. Watering depends on several factors such as the soil type, rainfall amounts, and temperature.
3. Fertilizing: Flowering Cherries will not require fertilizer for the first two years. Heavy mulch around the base of the tree protects and nurtures the soil as well. When you are ready, fertilize the tree with nitrogen. Apply 1/10 pound of actual nitrogen per year for each year of the tree’s age, with a maximum of 1 pound per year. Apply it once in the spring, or spread the nitrogen amount into 2 to 4 equal applications over the spring and summer.
4. Pruning: Removal of the current year’s old, faded flowers and fruit clusters will promote flower buds for the following season. Prune the cherry tree during the dormant winter period to remove dead branches.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|