Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-5 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-5 ft.
- Full Sun
- 8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- up to 2 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Prunus persica 'Bonfire'
- Does Not Ship To:
Patio Peaches with Fiery Foliage
You'll want to plant this dwarf peach tree in a beautiful patio container to enjoy its lovely pink flowers and red foliage up close. Bonfire Patio Peach (Prunus persica 'Bonfire') bears small, edible peaches, but it's even more prized for its ornamental appeal. The show starts in spring when double-pink flowers burst into bloom, and the display continues with red leaves that hold their color throughout the growing season!
Small Plant; Big Impact
1. Dwarf size. Bonfire Patio Peach is a miniature version of a standard-sized peach tree -- it grows only 5 feet tall with an equal spread.
2. Beautiful flowers. The showy flowers are not only colorful; they're also fragrant.
3. Colorful foliage. You won't have to wait until fall to enjoy colorful foliage. Bonfire Patio Peach trees are covered with red leaves from spring through summer that turn yellow in fall. Growing in Patio Pots
Use these hints and helps for potted-plant success:
• Instead of using garden soil in your patio containers, fill pots with a packaged soil-less mix that drains well and doesn't become compacted over time.
• Choose a container in a neutral or complementary color to Bonfire Patio Peach's red foliage -- terracotta or glazed ceramic pots work nicely.
• Make sure the container you use has a drainage hole at the bottom.
• Plant Bonfire Patio Peach so the top of the root ball is level with the top of the soil in its container.
• Leave an inch of head room at the top of the container (instead of packing soil all the way to the rim). This way, when you water your plant, the water won't roll over the edge of the pot.
• You can leave Bonfire Patio Peach in its container year-round if you live in USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 7 and 8. If you live in Zones 5 and 6, wrap the container with an insulating material, such as a thick blanket.
Your checklist for healthy plant growth:
• Sun. Full sun is best; plants flower and fruit better in sunny spots.
• Soil. Moist, acidic, well-draining soil is optimal.
• Water. Keep plants watered to keep the soil slightly moist, and be mindful that container soil mixes dry faster than in-ground soil.
• Fertilizer. Fertilize according to soil-test recommendations. Your local Extension Service Office can walk you through how to collect a soil sample for their testing.
• Pruning. We've already pruned and shaped your plants, and they'll arrive well-branched without needing any special care from you.
The small fruits on Bonfire Patio Peach are tucked underneath the densely packed foliage. You only need to grow one plant to produce fruit, but several potted plants clustered on your patio bumps up the wow factor!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $9.99||$7.99|
|$10 - $19.99||$9.99|
|$20 - $29.99||$16.99|
|$30 - $39.99||$19.99|
|$40 - $59.99||$22.99|
|$60 - $79.99||$24.99|
|$80 - $99.99||$27.99|
|$100 - $124.99||$29.99|
|$125 and Above||Free Shipping!|
When will I receive my plants?
|Zones 3 & 4 ship the week of April 29th, 2019|
|Zone 5 ships the week of April 14th, 2019|
|Zone 6 ships the week of April 7th, 2019|