* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 20 ft.
- Mature Width: 15 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: Summer to fall
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Lagerstroemia hybrid 'PPAF'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Rare Garnet Blossoms on Neat, Compact Form
Merging vivid color with a dramatic shape, the Garnet King is perfect as a standalone showstopper, border hedge, or container accent. Known as a shrub tree, the Garnet King lives up to its name, delivering showy red blooms with deep scarlet undertones.
These flowers are on full display through the warmest part of the year, often appearing in the spring. The vibrant green foliage gives these deep-red blooms a beautiful backdrop. And since they're highly tolerant of both humidity and drought once established, these Crape Myrtles are virtually carefree.
Especially since they resist pests while bringing graceful wildlife like butterflies and bees to your garden. The Emerald Empire Crape Myrtle is hassle-free, bringing together the best benefits of your favorite flowering varieties in one easy-to-grow package.
Local garden centers and big-box retailers rarely stock these unique trees, and the varieties they offer are typically bare-root. That means weaker branches and sparse root systems.
When you order your Emerald Empire Crape Myrtle from Brighter Blooms, you get a tree that's grown and nurtured with meticulous care, ready to thrive in your landscape, and burst with color, quickly.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Crapes are full sun lovers, so plant in an area with well-drained soil and 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily.
After you have found your planting area, dig your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Comb your hands over the root ball to free up the roots a bit before planting. Place your tree in the hole and make sure that the root crown (where the root ball meets the trunk of the tree) is level with the soil surface. Backfill the hole and water to settle the tree's roots. Finally, mulch the area around the tree to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Though they are drought tolerant once established, these Crape Myrtles may have to be watered more often, especially in the summer heat. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the surrounding 3 inches of soil for dryness and water when this area is dry.
3. Fertilizing: Your Crape will greatly benefit from a light application of a complete, balanced, slow-release fertilizer formula in the early spring and summer seasons.
4. Pruning: Remove any damaged or crossing branches during the late winter, as well as any suckers, or low-growing branches.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|