* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 2-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 10-15 ft.
- Mature Width: 10-15 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Spacing: 6-8 ft.
- Growth Rate: 2 ft. per year
- Botanical Name: Cornus racemosa
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, FL
Ornamental Growth That Thrives in Tough Areas
Adaptable, easygoing growth merges with one-of-a-kind visual interest, making the Grey Twig Dogwood Shrub perfect for tough areas where you need an eye-catching plant. In fact, this deciduous variety lends ornamental value to problematic soils and thrives in rough conditions, like heat or drought, rocky terrain, and even extreme cold.
Plus, it's got a unique look. Living up to its name, this shrub boasts grey twigs, rather than brown, which offer a sleek contrast to its foliage. The Grey Twig Dogwood's elegant grey-green foliage transitions to a rich purple-red for the autumn months, while late spring brings clusters of white blossoms that eventually transition to fruit.
Each berry on the Grey Twig is held by a red stem, which continues to shine during the winter months after the fruit falls. And the Grey Twig features an equal-spreading growth habit, filling out steadily and making it particularly well-suited for borders, foundation plantings and focal points in plant beds.
But the best part is that you get a great-looking shrub for those problem areas in your yard and the reward of a truly exceptional specimen that's grown to thrive. Since we've planted, grown and nurtured our Grey Twig Dogwood Shrubs, long before they arrive at your door, you get a healthier root system and better development.
You won't get the same experience from your local nursery or other big box retailers. So, don't wait - discover effortless growth and stunning visual interest with our Grey Twig Dogwood!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full to partial sun (areas that receive anywhere from 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's two times the diameter of your tree’s root ball and comprised of equal depth. Place your Grey Twig in the planting hole, keeping the top of the root ball even with the ground. Then, backfill the soil, water to settle the roots, and mulch around the base of the shrub to conserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: Water your shrub once or twice weekly to ensure the area remains consistently moist. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the surrounding soil with your index finger. Test the soil's dryness about 2 or 3 inches down, and water the surrounding soil if it's dry.
3. Fertilizing: Grey Twigs won't usually need fertilizer, but if you do fertilize your shrub, do so in early spring with a general-purpose fertilizer and follow label instructions for best results.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|