* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 8-11 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 12-18 in.
- Mature Width: 3-5 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate-Fast
- Botanical Name: Arctostaphylos
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, GA
Emerald-Green Growth, Right in the Golden State
Dense growth and a richly-hued, emerald-green tone make the Kinnikinnick Emerald Carpet, also known as the Emerald Carpet Bearberry, a landscape staple. Plus, because this variety is specifically grown for the Golden State, you’ll have easy success in your own California landscape…in full sun or partial shade.
Even better? Emerald Carpet boasts contrasting, eye-catching blooms. Small white florals tinged in pink emerge during the spring season, setting the Kinnikinnick apart. It’s an easy-growing, rapidly-spreading variety, too, so you’ll have gorgeous groundcover for nearly any space in your landscape – whether that’s an area with a finicky soil type or a sandy coastal locale and erosion-prone slope.
And our expert horticulturists and specialists have specifically selected this variety for results in your own garden. We’ve ensured that your Kinnikinnick is planted, grown and nurtured. We’re also here to help every step of the way, from placing your order to shipping and beyond. You’ll reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery, and get a great-looking, effortless specimen for your Golden State garden in the process.
So, if you’re located in California and need hassle-free, evergreen color…get our Emerald Carpet today!
Planting & Care
When you’re ready to plant your Emerald Carpet, dig a hole that’s about one and a half to two times your plant’s root ball, place the root ball, back fill the soil and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Your Emerald Carpet will only need occasional watering after establishment, but it’s important to have a regular watering schedule for the first few growing seasons. Water your Emerald about once weekly or check the surrounding soil. If your plant’s surrounding soil is dry about 2 or 3 inches down, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: The Emerald Carpet grows well without the need for fertilizer, but if you feed it, use a well-balanced blend in early spring and follow label instructions.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|