* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 4-6 in.
- Mature Width: 1-2 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Blooms: Spring-Summer-Fall
- Botanical Name: Vinca minor `Periwinkle`
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Easy-Growing Groundcover and Showy Color
Our Periwinkle Plant, also known as the Common Periwinkle or Vinca, is known for its dramatic versatility. From showy lavender blue blooms to smooth evergreen leaves, the Periwinkle dazzles. But its good looks are underscored by its easygoing growth, especially as effortless groundcover.
In fact, its trailing stems boast phlox-like characteristics. That means the Periwinkle Plant is perfect for concealing unsightly areas, like bare spaces in your yard, retailing walls or fences. The richly-hued florals of the Periwinkle arrive in spring and continue to flower intermittently through the summer and fall in a creeping, mounding silhouette.
Best of all? The Periwinkle’s tried-and-true history. Since we’ve planted, monitored and shipped your Periwinkle with absolute care, it’s ready to go and grow. And because our expert horticulturists and plant specialists have hand-selected this variety and meticulously maintained it for maximum success in your own landscape, you reap the rewards from season to season.
So, get reliability year over year and unmatched beauty with your own Periwinkle Plant – whether you train it to cover less-than-stellar spaces, like eroding slopes and hills, or showcase it front and center, you’ll have a one-of-a-kind garden. Transform your landscape with the Periwinkle Plant today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting a location with well-drained soil and full sun to partial shade – any area with approximately 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day, along with a bit of dappled shade, is ideal.
When you’re ready to plant your Periwinkle, dig a hole that’s about two times the size of your plant’s root ball, place it in the hole, back fill the soil and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Though it is drought tolerant once established, it’s important to have a regular watering schedule for your Periwinkle. Water your plant about once weekly or more often in extreme heat and check the surrounding soil – if your soil is dry, about 3 inches down, it’s time to water your plant.
3. Fertilizing: It’s not necessary but feeding your Vinca each month with a well-balanced fertilizer may be helpful if your soil is deficient or if you notice stalled growth.
4. Pruning: Pruning is not needed, but you can divide your Vinca by digging around planted clumps, removing and re-planting around the area.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|