Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 2-3 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 2-3 ft.
- Full Sun
- 2-3 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 1-2 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Rosa x
- Does Not Ship To:
Cheerful Yellow Sunshine in a Disease-Resistant Rose
The Oso Easy series of roses is?…well?…oh so easy to grow and maintain! Perhaps the brightest member of this series is Oso Easy® Lemon Zest Rose (Rosa x 'Chewhocan' Oso Easy® Lemon Zest). Like bursts of golden sunshine covering compact shrubs, the canary-yellow flowers brighten any garden. But color aside, the gardening world is doing cartwheels over this newly introduced rose because of its resilience to disease and continuous flowering!
Prolific, Healthy Plants
1. Non-fading blooms. Some bright-yellow roses aren't colorfast; they tend to fade to a lighter shade of yellow or even creamy-white. But Oso Easy Lemon Zest Rose is enduringly fade-proof, providing a bright contrast against the glossy green leaves.
2. Self-cleaning flowers. In garden lingo, "self-cleaning" is a phrase used to describe flowers that don't need to be removed in a process called "deadheading" for more flowers to be produced. You won't have to learn rose-pruning techniques to keep your Oso Easy Lemon Zest Rose in continuous bloom, from summer to frost.
3. Exceptional disease resistance. No spraying chemicals on your Oso Easy Lemon Zest Rose bushes, because they are specifically bred with a superior resistance to common rose diseases -- namely, blackspot and powdery mildew.
Designing with Golden Pops of Color
Anywhere your sunny garden needs brightening, the cheery yellow flowers of Oso Easy Lemon Zest Rose are a fit. To make your border garden pop, plant Oso Easy Lemon Zest Rose bushes in clusters or as one central focal point. Add Oso Easy Lemon Zest Roses to your cutting garden so you can enjoy stems of fresh flowers in your home. Use Oso Easy Lemon Zest Roses as a shrubby perennial garden backdrop with complementary colors of other perennials in front.
Minimal Maintenance Required
Here's all you need to do to keep Oso Easy Lemon Zest Rose in tip-top shape:
• Sun. The yellow color of the flowers mimics its need for sunshine -- the more, the better.
• Soil. Roots need moisture and nourishment from the soil, but they won't respond favorably to soggy sites. Choose a place where the water drains freely after heavy rains so the plant doesn't sit in standing water. Planting in raised beds is a landscape strategy for yards that have drainage problems.
• Water. Keep the soil slightly moist. If rainfall is lacking, water plants deeply and thoroughly once weekly (or more often during times of drought).
• Fertilizer. Look for a slow-release fertilizer that's formulated for roses, and apply once in spring before the plants begin flowering.
• Spraying. No need for this, because Oso Easy Lemon Zest Rose is disease-resistant.
• Pruning. If you've grown other types of roses but didn't like the intensive pruning regimen they required, you'll be oh so happy to discover that Oso Easy Lemon Zest Roses won't need pruning. But if you just want to shape your shrubs, trim them in late winter to early spring before the dazzling flower show begins in summer!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $14.99||$11.99|
|$15 - $23.99||$13.99|
|$24 - $39.99||$16.99|
|$40 - $79.99||$19.99|
|$80 - $98.99||$24.99|
|$99 +||Free Shipping!|