- Mature Height: 6-7 ft.
- Mature Width: 3-4 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Blooms: Spring-Summer
- Spacing: 6-8 ft.
- Growth Rate: 1-2 ft.
- Botanical Name: Syringa 'Red Pixie'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
This plant grows well in growing zones:3-7 outdoors (hardy down to -30℉)
Reblooming, Red-Pink Lilac Ideal for Tight Spaces
If you’re looking for a compact but colorful, well-blooming tree, the Red Pixie Lilac is a must-have. For starters, it boasts an upright, rounded growth habit in a dwarf silhouette that’s ideal for smaller spaces. But despite its more diminutive size, it blooms in late spring with a profusion of aromatic, richly-hued red-pink florals.
And the blooming continues into early summer, often repeating again in late summer and early fall. That means you get a rainbow of deep-to-pastel reds and pinks juxtaposed against small, bright green leaves that remain pigmented throughout summer. The Red Pixie’s foliage then transitions to a blazing yellow in fall, delighting with a month-to-month spectacle.
Plus, it’s strong, with cold hardiness and drought tolerance that mean you won’t have to put in much effort to see a dazzling show. The Red Pixie also attracts butterflies and hummingbirds (but not deer, pests or diseases), so you get a graceful, elegant appearance that’s carefree.
But the best part of all: Our Red Pixie Lilac Tree is a proven performer. From smaller spaces to big landscapes, your Red Pixie Lilac will outshine the competition because it’s consistent in size, shape and color, year over year. We’ve cultivated, planted and grown your Red Pixie for that consistency, long before it arrives to your door. And since we ensure your Pixie is grown under optimal conditions, you get a well-developed, healthful root system in your landscape.
Get the promise of rich color, foliage, perfect shaping and effortless care, all in one. With our Red Pixie Lilac Tree, you get the whole package. Order your own Red Pixie Lilac Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting Instructions: Start by choosing a proper location for your Red Pixie Lilac Tree – since it thrives in full to partial sun, any area that receives 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day is ideal. Other than that, it’s adaptable to most soil types, provided the soil is well-drained.
To plant your Red Pixie, dig a hole that’s deep enough to cover the plant’s root ball. After placing your tree, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pocket. Finally, water your plant to settle the soil that surrounds the roots. Once planting is complete, mulching the area is helpful to prevent weeds and preserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water your Red Pixie deeply and regularly during the first full growing season so that it establishes a healthy root system. If you’re not sure when to water your plant, simply check the top 2 to 3 inches of its surrounding soil. If its soil is dry, it’s time to water. We recommend watering your Red Pixie about once weekly for best results, but once it’s established, it tolerates drought well.
3. Fertilizer: Feed your Red Pixie with an all-purpose fertilizer during early spring, before new growth begins.
4. Pruning: Remove faded flowers to increase bloom production in the following year.
Customer Reviews & Photos
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|