Growing Zones: 2-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 40 ft.
- Mature Width: 15-20 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Spacing: 15-20 ft.
- Growth Rate: up to 2 ft.
- Botanical Name: Picea meyeri
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Best All-Around Spruce
There's simply nothing bad about this tree. The White Spruce is one of the most beautiful and practical evergreens you can add to your landscape. Incredibly tolerant and providing both ornamental and functional value in colder climates, it's the perfect tree for anyone in zones 2 to 6.
The White Spruce will grow, no matter what. This tree is drought tolerant, cold tolerant and able to grow in nearly every soil condition from dry, polluted soils to wet, acidic soils. And it's been called the most beautiful tree in existence. It's no wonder why: This tree grows in a grand, pyramidal shape and is thick with light-green needles.
For starters, this tree is a no-brainer for anyone in a cold climate. Whether you want to add stunning visual interest to your property, create a natural snow and wind barrier, or block the views of pesky neighbors, you can't go wrong with the White Spruce.
And the best part? We've planted, grown and nurtured for the absolute top benefits. Now, you reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery...no need to head to big box because a well-rooted, easy-to-grow tree is delivered right to your door.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your White Spruce in a spot in your yard that gets at least 6 hours of sun each day. And choose a place in your yard that has well-drained soil. To plant, spread 2 inches of organic fertilizer on the ground in an area that is two times as large as the root ball. Till the fertilizer into the ground. Be sure to go slightly deeper than the longest root and continue twice as wide as the canopy. Place the tree in the loose soil and press the soil down until the tree's roots are completely covered.
2. Watering: Water the ground immediately after you plant your tree, but don't oversaturate your White Spruce. Your tree will need around 20 inches of water each year, so you may not need to ever water your tree unless there is a severe drought. Generally, we recommend watering once or twice weekly in dry conditions.
3. Fertilizing: You can add one inch of organic fertilizer under the entire tree canopy each spring to encourage faster growth. If you do, you'll need to water the ground after you apply the fertilizer to ensure it reaches the roots.
4. Pruning: If you notice infested or diseased branches, you can prune them down to the trunk in the fall.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|