* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 2-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 6-8 ft.
- Mature Width: 4-5 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Botanical Name: Picea glauca 'Conica'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Easy-Growing, Vibrant Green Foliage
With soft, dense green foliage and easy-growing benefits, our Dwarf Alberta Spruce Tree is second to none. There’s a lot to love when it comes to this amazing pick: From its cold hardiness to its ability to thrive in a container and its ever-iconic silhouette.
Plus, it boasts year-round visual interest. Whether you use it to dress up entryways, patios or gardens, the Dwarf Alberta’s manageable size and hassle-free care make it truly adaptable and versatile in nearly any space.
And not only is the Dwarf Alberta Spruce one-of-a-kind and ready-to-grow once it arrives to your door, but ours is in a league of its own. Our Dwarf Alberta is shipped with a developed root system and more mature branching…perks you won’t get from other nurseries or big box stores.
So, with our Dwarf Alberta, you get ease and beauty without any effort – that means no lugging heavy pots in the backseat or struggling to care for weak plants from your typical retailers.
Get our Dwarf Alberta Spruce today!
Planting & Care
When you’re ready to plant, dig your hole shallower than the root ball and at least twice the width, loosening the soil throughout so that the roots can break through easily. Then, back fill the hole while watering to remove any air pockets. Once it’s completely transplanted, your Dwarf Alberta Spruce should be watered again to settle the roots.
For container planting, select a pot that’s about one and a half or two times your shipped container. Follow the planting directions above and place the Dwarf Alberta in an area with adequate sunlight.
2. Watering: Water weekly or more often in extreme heat, during the Spruce’s first full growing season – this will ensure that it establishes an extensive root system. The watering schedule will be the same for both container and group plants. But if you’re not sure when to water, simply check the Alberta’s soil – if it’s dry at 2 inches down, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: For faster, fuller growth, fertilize your tree before new growth begins during spring.
4. Pruning: Because the Dwarf Alberta Spruce is slow-growing, it can often grow into its natural, columnar shape without any pruning. However, if you’re looking for a neater appearance, prune your tree lightly during winter.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$99 +||FREE SHIPPING with code FREESHIP!|