* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 4-5 ft.
- Mature Width: 4-5 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Blooms: Summer
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Lagerstroemia 'PIILAG B5'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Months of Red Blooms on Space-Saving Form
Delivering a profusion of eye-catching blooms, even in the tightest spaces, the Enduring Summer Crape Myrtle is a compact flowering shrub that offers the iconic good looks of the classic Crape, without the large size.
The Enduring Summer lives up to its name, with clusters of vibrant red blooms that last from the summer to fall, for at least four months of breathtaking color. Plus, you can put your shears and harsh sprays away - the drought-tolerant and mold-resistant Enduring Summer grows virtually carefree.
Even better? It thrives in frigid weather, all the way down to 0 degrees. Crape Myrtles that thrive in northern areas are nearly impossible to find, but the Enduring Summer brings vibrancy to the chilliest climates.
Rich color and effortless good looks are just a click away. Get the Enduring Summer Crape Myrtle for yourself today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a spot with well-drained soil and full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) for optimal blooming. After you have found your planting area, make your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Carefully remove your Myrtle’s root ball from the container, place it into the hole and make sure that the root crown (where the root ball meets the trunk of the shrub) is level with the soil surface.
Tamp down the soil lightly as you backfill the hole to prevent air pockets from forming and then water after you’ve finished.
2. Watering: After planting your young shrub, water about once or twice each week until it’s established. If you live in an especially hot climate, you may need to water up to five times weekly. During the cooler seasons, you’ll only need to water once weekly.
If you’re not sure when to water, simply check your surrounding soil with your finger – if the soil is dry 3 or 4 inches down, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Your Enduring Summer Crape will benefit from a light application of a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in the early spring and summer. Follow label instructions when fertilizing your Crape.
4. Pruning: You won’t need to prune your Enduring Summer Crape Myrtle unless you’d like to shape it. To encourage branching, make your cuts, with clean shears, on the longer, leggy limbs. Remove any damaged, diseased, or crossing branches during the late winter. Also, remove any low-growing branches (also known as suckers) if you’d like a more upright, tree-like look.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|