* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 10-12 ft.
- Mature Width: 6-8 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Lagerstroemia indica 'Purely Purple'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Compact Size with a Big Pop of Color
Give your landscape a pop of vibrant purple color with the Black Diamond Purely Purple Crape Myrtle. This semi-dwarf Crape Myrtle packs a big punch into a small package, with delicate clusters of bold fuchsia blooms.
This new introduction grows in a compact shrub form, making it perfect for small gardens, flowering hedges and even patio containers. Stunning burgundy-black foliage provides a perfect backdrop for its distinct purple blooms that flower from early summer until fall.
You won't find a Crape Myrtle that's more versatile or more tough. This Black Diamond Crape is incredibly low-maintenance - it's resistant to drought and diseases, can thrive in nearly any soil type, and doesn't require pruning or complex care. Plus, it's compact root system means it can be easily planted alongside driveways or sidewalks.
And the best part? When you order from BrighterBlooms.com, you get a tree that's grown and nurtured with meticulous care, ready to thrive in your landscape and deliver color for months.
Fill your garden with the vivid purple blooms and effortless growth. Order your Black Diamond® Purely Purple Crape Myrtle today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in an area with well-drained soil and 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily.
After you have found your planting area, dig your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Comb your hands over the root ball to free up the roots a bit before planting. Place your tree in the hole and make sure that the root crown (where the root ball meets the trunk of the tree) is level with the soil surface. Backfill the hole and water to settle the tree's roots. Finally, mulch the area around the tree to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Though these trees are drought tolerant once established, you may have to water young trees more often, especially in the summer heat. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the surrounding 3 inches of soil for dryness and water when this area is dry.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a light application of a complete, balanced, slow-release fertilizer formula in the early spring and summer seasons.
4. Pruning: For a more graceful tree shape, remove all but 4 to 5 strong trunks and then remove the lateral branches around the lower half of the tree. Remove any damaged or crossing branches during the late winter, as well as any suckers, or low-growing branches.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|