* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 10-12 ft.
- Mature Width: 6-8 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Lagerstroemia indica 'Mystic Magenta'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Bold Magenta Blooms and Effortless Growth
Strong, effortless growth, impressive drought tolerance and vibrant blooms - what's not to love about Crape Myrtles? And with the Black Diamond Mystic Magenta Crape Myrtle, you get even more impact, with bright fuchsia blooms and deep, contrasting foliage.
Contrasting foliage and flowers add a dramatic effect. Eye-popping magenta flowers stand out against deep, burgundy-black foliage and black stems - they'll glow nearly neon in direct sun.
And this Crape Myrtle will bloom long after other flowering trees have faded. You'll get a canopy of consistent flowers from early summer all the way through fall.
The best part? It couldn't be easier to grow. Known for their toughness and resilience, Crape Myrtles have strong, compact root systems, perfect for planting alongside roads or driveways. Plus, they're disease resistant, require little pruning, and are incredibly tolerant of heat and drought.
When you order your Mystic Magenta from BrighterBlooms.com , you get a Black Diamond® Crape Myrtle that's ready to burst with color quickly in your landscape. That's because we grow and nurture our trees with meticulous care, before they ship to you.
Don't wait - these trees will go fast. Order your Black Diamond® Mystic Magenta Crape Myrtle today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in an area with well-drained soil and 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily.
After you have found your planting area, dig your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Comb your hands over the root ball to free up the roots a bit before planting. Place your tree in the hole and make sure that the root crown (where the root ball meets the trunk of the tree) is level with the soil surface. Backfill the hole and water to settle the tree's roots. Finally, mulch the area around the tree to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Though these trees are drought tolerant once established, you may have to water young trees more often, especially in the summer heat. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the surrounding 3 inches of soil for dryness and water when this area is dry.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a light application of a complete, balanced, slow-release fertilizer formula in the early spring and summer seasons.
4. Pruning: For a more graceful tree shape, remove all but 4 to 5 strong trunks and then remove the lateral branches around the lower half of the tree. Remove any damaged or crossing branches during the late winter, as well as any suckers, or low-growing branches. You do not need to cut back or "top" your Crape Myrtles each year.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|