* Images shown are of mature plants
My Garden Go-Tos™
Get a Full, Green Lawn, in Sun or Shade!
Looking for an effortless lawn transformation - even in those shady spots? Lesco Sun and Shade Park Seed Mix is the perfect choice.
A durable, highly tested mix of Perennial Ryegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass and Creeping Red Fescue, this blend is designed to withstand moderate foot traffic, cool and warm weather, full sun, shade and more. No matter the conditions, this Sun and Shade Park Seed Mix will keep its lush green color and full growth.
You'll get a gorgeous yard - without the hard work. Fine textured, easy to mow and resilient against weeds, this grass seed is the perfect choice for a low-maintenance, evergreen lawn.
Order your Lesco Sun and Shade Park Seed Mix today – and get the best yard on the block before you know it!
It can be hard to find the perfect grass seed for your lawn and growing conditions. But at BrighterBlooms.com, we've hand-selected the best grass seeds for you - so you get full growth and rich green color in your yard, faster.
With hardy growth, a deep green hue and excellent protection against weed, Lesco Sun and Shade Park Seed Mix is the perfect choice. Get yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Preparation: Whether you're establishing new grass or overseeding an existing lawn, it's important to prepare your planting area. Check your soil's pH, and apply a starter fertilizer before seeding. You can also aerate your lawn for best results.
Cool-season grasses tend to germinate best when the soil temperature is between 60 and 85 degrees - seeding is done best in spring or fall. For permanent establishment, Lesco Sun and Shade Park Seed Mix will grow best in the cool humid and cool arid zones of the United Sttates.
2. Seeding: Spread your grass seed, using the following measurements:
- New grass establishment: 3-4 lbs. of seed for every 1000 square feet
- Renovation an existing lawn: 2-3 lbs. for every 1000 square feet (20-50% existing coverage) or 1.5-2 lbs (for 50-75% existing coverage)
3. Watering: Water your new grass seed well immediately after grass seed application, and continue light, frequent waterings. Water more frequently in times of extreme heat or drought.
You'll see germination within 21 days, and your grass can take 6-8 months to fully establish.
4. Maintenance: Allow turf to establish before heavy use. This grass thrives best with moderate maintenance. Keep your lawn mowed at a height of 1.5-2.5 inches.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|