* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 3-6 ft.
- Mature Width: 3-5 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Spacing: 3-5 ft.
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Fothergilla gardenii 'Mount Airy'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Mount Airy Fothergilla: A Bottlebrush Beauty
The Mount Airy Fothergilla delivers when it comes to unique texture and shape in the garden.
White, bottlebrush blooms and multicolored fall foliage are a spectacle you'll have to see to appreciate. Not only that, but its flowers also offer a sweet, honey scent for added interest. You’ll have pollinators of all sorts flocking your garden when this plant is present.
Originating at the Mount Airy Arboretum in Ohio, this variety flaunts rounded, glossy leaves with textured edges that are accompanied by pom-pom-like flowers for a fun and different garden feel. And in fall, the Mount Airy Fothergilla will deliver gold, orange, red and purplish hues for extended color and appeal.
The Mount Airy Fothergilla adds unbeatable character and height to the landscape, complementing hedges, hillsides and garden beds alike. Although it’s a slower-grower, this variety will impress with an abundance of blooms that are worth the wait.
This medium-sized, deciduous shrub is also cold-hardy and disease resistant, so it's sturdy and low-maintenance - a true proven performer in the landscape.
With phenomenal, eye-catching flowers and planting versatility, the Mount Airy Fothergilla certainly deserves a special spot in the garden. Plant it up and watch it come to life with colorful, visual appeal. Order your Mount Airy Fothergilla today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Dig a hole large enough to accommodate your shrub's root ball, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots. Generally, the Mount Airy prefers well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of sunlight). It's not tolerant of alkaline soils, so consider amending the planting area with compost.
2. Watering: Let your soil dry to the touch down to about 2 inches in between waterings. Once your soil is dry, give your shrub a deep watering at the base.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize at the beginning of every spring with a well-balanced blend, and follow label instructions for best results.
4. Pruning: Remove suckers as they grow to prevent overspreading. Prune after blooming in spring to control your shrub's shape and size.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|